Thread: Sig 227 45 ACP Reloading

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig 227 45 ACP Reloading

Hi guys -

Looking for any recipes for a Sig Sauer P227 45 ACP.

I tried reloading from a dissection of a round that did very well. For the life of me, the rounds that are produced shoot like an oiled BB, but the same rounds shot through my friend's Glock 30 go straight down the sights....every.....ef'in.....time.

Any advice, recipes is absolutely appreciated.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A little more information would help. What components are you using? Otherwise, might just be guessing. What bullets are you using?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Please do not try to use any "suggestions" for load data. You should be referring to a published reference, one which represents actual testing. The books are only $40 or so, and the Hornady book, as well as the Speer book are among my favorites. You can also refer to Hodgdon's on-line load data, again, well tested, and safe to refer to.

When it comes to recommendations from the general public, all it takes is a well intentioned person to make a slight mistake in the name of the powder, or how much of the powder, and you'll damage your gun, and perhaps even your fingers, etc.

When reloading, you ALWAYS start with the bullet that you plan on using. The powder that would go with that bullet, and the amount of the powder, varies with bullet weight and style.

Here is a quick link to the on-line Hodgdon web based load data site:
    https://shop.hodgdon.com/reloading-d...172.1595371363

Please be safe.

BTW> I will soon have copies of my renowned book on the subject of reloading available for sale. It will walk you, step by step, through all of the procedures for safe pistol and rifle reloading. It's chock full of $$$ savings tips. It's the syllabus for the classes that I have provided to students for the past 20+ years. Visit my web site at https://www.floridareloading.com for details, and for educational articles on reloading.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER