Thread: People you meet at the range.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

People you meet at the range.

Ok this is a pet peeve. The other day two young women came in with a range employee. He set them up, explained, this a trigger, aim the gun this way, the ammo goes in here and leaves. Puts them right next to me. Dear lord. One of the women could not hit the target at arms length. It seems so unsafe to me. Nice gals but jeez...

I've made some wonderful friends at the range also but I could do without the ganster wannabes, the Charlies Angels, etc.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sometimes you just need to eat your pride and give a teaching lesson for the good or the cause. I don't mind teaching a rookie how to hit a target because they might be my back up one day. lol I have given informal lessons to a few who did end up covering my six and It is a relief knowing they will probably hit the target and not your hiney.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I’ll gladly help beginners out, as long as they’re willing to learn.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I’ll gladly help beginners out, as long as they’re willing to learn.
    That is the rub. If they are willing to learn. I'm afraid in this "me too" world, I'm not sure what they would think about some old guy trying to teach them some basics. At the age of 64 I've done my share of teaching. If someone speaks to me, etc. I'm totally willing to help.

The ganster wannabes are not worthy of my time. I'll galdly complain to the range officer about rapid fire, improper handling of a firearm, etc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As an NRA certified Metallic Cartridge instructor, I do regular classes teaching people how to properly reload. And, have been doing them here locally in the Daytona area for a long time. My reputation is well known. So, people seek me out all the time with questions, and listen when I provide learned advice. I try to NOT be "all knowing" in attitude. Have had more than a few younger guys doubt my advice when first offered, and then prove themselves wrong. Most of those sign up to take my classes because they figure that if they were wrong about whatever it was, they still have a lot to learn about the rest of it. I don't make a lot of money doing the classes. I figure it's my way to give back at this point in my life. I'm happy that I can even do the classes, considering my cancer and chemo schedule.

If any of you are in the Daytona area on vacation, let me know, and I'll offer anyone here a discount on a class. Have had recent students from New Jersey and Louisiana.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score

коронавирус и казахстанская армия

Для прошедшем аппаратном совещании в Министерстве обороны подведены итоги прошедшей недели и рассмотрены текущие вопросы жизнедеятельности армии Казахстана.

Для совещании доложено о проведении праздничных дней, в ходе которых обеспечено поддержание бдительности и боевой готовности, бесперебойное несение здание дежурными силами, а также организованы мероприятия по чествованию ветеранов Великой Отечественной войны и тружеников тыла.

*ассмотрены вопросы подготовки к летнему периоду обучения, какой начнется 1 июня. *ади этого в войсках организованы инструкторско-методические занятия с командным составом, а также приготовление техники, учебно-материальной базы и очистка полигонов от фрагментов боеприпасов.

Генерал-лейтенант Нурлан Ермекбаев обратил уважение на имущество противодиверсионной безопасности военных объектов. В этих целях он поручил обеспечить постоянное функционирование технических средств охраны и видеонаблюдения, исправность заграждений. В случае выхода из строя оборудования зараз извещать по команде и принимать меры по устранению неисправностей, а для обеспечения безопасности объектов тотчас прикармливать вооруженные мобильные группы и дежурные силы.

Выключая того, должностным лицам напомнены требования руководящих приказов и инструкций о запрете допуска на территорию военных объектов личного автотранспорта. Данное обстановка касается всех, независимо через статуса, должностного положения и обстановка к тем или иным структурам, вплоть предварительно первых руководителей государственных органов и самого министра обороны.

*то надо для обеспечения порядка, противодиверсионной защищенности и предупреждения противоправных действий отдельных лиц.

Отдельно лидер оборонного ведомства остановился на проведении государственных закупок, осуществляемых чтобы потребностей Вооруженных Сил. Отмечено, сколько нередко происходят случаи, когда на конкурсы «заявляются» субъекты, признанные ранее недобросовестными поставщиками. Такого отрицание дозволять, преимущественно в таких важных сферах, точно оснащение армии вооружением и гарантия эксплуатации объектов военной инфраструктуры. Министром обороны даны поручения всесторонне проработать определенный проблема, в часть числе с Министерством индустрии и инфраструктурного развития, которое является уполномоченным органом сообразно организации закупок военной техники.

Начальником Главного военно-медицинского управления отмечено стабильное сокращение количества инфицированных COVID-19. Беспричинно, на прошлой неделе в сравнении с аналогичным предыдущим периодом снижение заболеваемости составило 39%. Такая положительная динамика давно всего связана с проводимой вакцинацией личного состава. По состоянию для 11 мая прививку через коронавируса получили более 80% военнослужащих и представителей гражданского персонала. Причем, оставшиеся 20% – это находящиеся в настоящее сезон в отпуске, длительных командировках, а также имеющие медицинские противопоказания.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Most of my shooting is at a small private range so my encounters with others is minimal. It kind of spoils you! But we have a lot of one time visitors, sometimes uninvited, right before deer season. Some of them are pretty dumb! But most are not reloaders and leave their brass! And their trash, targets, ruts, ect!!!

We had a couple of guys trying to sight in a Winchester M94 in 30-30. Their sight adjusting tool was a framing hammer! Had a man and woman shooting glass bottles in the driveway. They got kind of _____ when I ran them off. It seems like everyone wants to staple their target to the wooden frame rather than to the cardboard center! Duh!

And occasionally you run into a pretty knowledgeable guy thats fun to visit with.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Today at the range I got the last open lane!? What the heck? I've been going for months now and been the only person shooting. Can't complain, shooters on either side gave me their brass. Nothing exciting mind you, just 9mm, but it beats a poke in the eye... Two of the shooters were women, what is this world coming too?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I haven't run into any yahoos lately.