Quote Originally Posted by SafetyJoe View Post
Besides Bullseye powder what other powders do you want to try?

With the RCBS bullet 11.5 grains is the beginning of the yellow zone for pressure at 21,273psi. 12.4 grains is the beginning of the purple pressure zone. 13.6 grains is the max charge at 27,903 psi.

Here's what the 12.4 grains looks like
45-70 Govt - Bullseye - 425.jpg

With the Lee bullet 13.6 grains is the beginning of the yellow zone for pressure at 21,129psi. 14.7 grains puts you at the beginning of the purple pressure zone. 16.1 grains is the max charge at 27,812psi.

Here's what the 14.7 grains looks like.
45-70 Govt - Bullseye - 347.jpg

Not sure why the 14.6 grain chart is still showing up below in this post after I deleted it so just ignore that one.
Much appreciated Safety Joe. Excuse my ignorance but can you please explain "Yellow Zone" and "Purple Zone" I'm thinking start and mid range loads? Bullseye is working real well. I have lots of pistol powders but the only other one I have been curious about is BE-86, which really doesn't have much data outside of Alliant's published data. Even that doesn't have much variance. I like it for 45 Colt but my go to 45 colt powder is 2400. I have a couple of pounds BE-86 in the cupboard and haven't touched it in awhile.