Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Members

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Make the last 500 yards to the Mexican Border a free fire zone?
    OK that settles it gandog56 for President. Yup that got my vote.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was a member of the first Ammo brass trader almost from it's beginning and if ammo or brass was being trader by one of the parties involved the trade could consist of ANYTHING legal that was acceptable to the one with the brass including trading the brass for green paper. I'm not sure why that is a problem here. Why do the moderators care what I want in trade for my brass including green paper. I have not attempted to trade my brass for green paper but I have a bunch of desirable brass that I could trade but have all the brass I need for the guns I shoot. There is a fellow here from the old sight that is wanting brass that I have but has no brass I want so I would give it to him except that apparently it's against the rules. It is after all a trading site and that wouldn't actually be a trade. So mister moderator, would it be alright just this one time if I give him the brass? It's not like I'm trying to make a living by giving him the brass. On the old site I traded brass for scopes, game bags, gun parts and other stuff. I'm wondering what the issue here is with trading our brass for whatever we need including green paper if the other party doesn't have anything else we need.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My impression is the trade you are talking about would be OK as long as you didn't list them for dollars and dollars can makeup part of the deal. They can correct me if needed but is you have 500 cases I want and I only have 200 cases you want the the difference can be made up with cash or other gear.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I've sometimes thrown in that if you have none of the calibers I listed as my needs, cash was acceptable. But if I want to sell the brass I put it on Facebook. Plenty of reloader's pages there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can GIVE away your brass. You can trade your brass.

But..........

You cannot sell your brass here.

As has been pointed out, there are plenty of other places to sell brass. This is not one of them.
    While the previous iteration of ABT allowed selling brass, we do not. Not even once, for special occasions.

We have plenty of happy members here, who understand and are happy with the current rules as they are.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    OK, I can give my brass away or I can trade it for what? Just other brass or can I trade it for other stuff such as scopes, bullets, boolits, gun parts, car parts etc. I have never attempted to sell brass here nor will I. It's your web site and you can make the rules as you wish. I'm just curious as to why you can't trade brass for the universal trade media (money). After all, that's all trading is, selling one thing for another thing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can trade your brass for other brass, or for most things gun related. Cash is not allowed, nor are car parts, your uncles prosthetic leg, your neighbor's dog, or pirate booty.

It's pretty simple

Ammo brass TRADER

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I propose we change the name of the site to cast boolit brass trader as it no longer resembles the old ammobrasstrader site...

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Box13
    You sir are correct.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Box13 View Post
    I propose we change the name of the site to cast boolit brass trader as it no longer resembles the old ammobrasstrader site...
    I had been thinking the same thing.

Feedback Score
    I haven't been around for a while and it looks like things have changed. I guess I need to get up to date. I had a deal going and the other guy got picky so I pulled all my stuff and forgot about this for a while. Got me a bad review in the process. Box13 its good to see you are still kicking.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It will remain Ammo Brass Trader. Had the fellow who started the old Ammo Brass Trader showed back up on the scene, we would have deferred to him, and not even started this forum. However, after much detective work, we determined that he wasn't coming back on the scene, and lots of people were asking for a replacement to fill that void.

So, the current name will remain.

As far as the nature of this forum changing from what the OTHER guy did.... yes, that's true. He allowed it to be very LOOSE with regard to the rules. Rules are only ever created when someone steps too far over boundaries. While the other guy didn't care (for a variety of reasons, mostly dealing with his personal life from what I heard), we have a while different viewpoint on keeping things more in order.

Especially when we are STILL under regular attack from the hacker kiddies across the pond.

While Castboolits.gunloads.com is the parent "host" for this site, this site operates under complete autonomy from any other site. .gunloads.com is a collection of FREE sites, mostly gun related, and covering a wide variety of specialty topics. For example, http://swaparms.com/ is a sister site where you can TRADE everything gun related, archery related, etc. But, it is also strictly a TRADING site. If you want to SELL brass, join castboolits.gunloads.com, and as long as you meet the criteria for allowing you to SELL, you can sell there at will. However, the original intent of this site, as was the original site (which went out of existence), is to provide a place to SWAP/TRADE brass. Since castboolits.gunloads.com already provides a place for selling brass, we will NOT duplicate that method of exchanging brass.

If anyone doesn't like the smooth flowing feel of this site (we're having much fewer problems than we used to have), then you have a couple of choices:

Find somewhere else where you can sell your brass. Or, start your own web site, and have at it. Keep in mind that ammo brass trader is a FREE place. No fees, subscriptions, etc. So, we get to establish a few simple rules, and will keep them enforced. This site grows slowly. But it does grow. And, as it grows, you'll find more people to trade with. So, encouraging people to join AmmoBrassTrader is a good thing. We strive to make this site a better and better place as time goes on. There are features we can add once the membership level gets to a certain point. All of our software for running the site is professional software, and a bit expensive. It's VERY necessary for any one who's going to run a serious web based forum. Trust me, the hacker kiddies are doing their hardest work, trying to crash all USA web sites. So, we can't just pour hundreds and hundreds of dollars into a site for additional software (like a chat function, blog, etc) until the membership level gets top the point where it makes economic sense. You'd never have gotten that from the original web owner of the original ammo brass trader. In fact, I almost would bet that even if he had stayed on line, he would have been hacked out of existence by now.

Also, because of the rather low membership here so far (67 active members, compared to castboolits, which has 39,000 members), we are short staffed here. That's another reason why we have to have the rules we have, and the new structure. In that way, we can manage things better in our short staffed condition. No, we don't want or need any additional help.

Finally, we don't mind good constructive criticism, good or bad. We love hearing good suggestions for making this forum even better.

However, we will NOT tolerate "trolls" who come here, just looking to make trouble because you think it might be fun to rustle things up a bit. If you need a proper explanation of what "trolls" are in a forum, please PM me. Suffice it to say that trolls are commonly those troublemakers who get kicked out of every forum they visit.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think a real nice addition .and probably get more users would be to have a section where members could exchange dies with one another. I have done that here before, We all have a few sets lying around for calibers we no longer have or use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tawastom View Post
    I think a real nice addition .and probably get more users would be to have a section where members could exchange dies with one another. I have done that here before, We all have a few sets lying around for calibers we no longer have or use.
    I'll second that idea but add one thing, expand it to any reloading component. I do understand that could complicate things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This site is for BRASS only.

However, we already have a sister site, where you can trade dies, etc....

swaparms.com (I'm also the admin there)

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Maybe let people name their own trading thread. I look at the feed and don't immediately know who's thread is who's. I'm ok with only having one thread per person, but the same name for every thread is a bit much.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Maybe let people name their own trading thread. I look at the feed and don't immediately know who's thread is who's. I'm ok with only having one thread per person, but the same name for every thread is a bit much.
    Im hip on that, on my PC i can hover the cursor and read a part of the thread, but my phone I cant. I dont see the harm in stating what you want or offering in the title other than "My Trades"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can name your brass trading thread anything that you want.

Just be mindful that you only get the ONE thread, and that you will need to edit it as your brass trade options change.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    You can name your brass trading thread anything that you want.

Just be mindful that you only get the ONE thread, and that you will need to edit it as your brass trade options change.
    Oh I understand, you dont want for example me having three different threads for different items, understandable. I was just pointing out its hard to navigate when all the threads have the same title

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Some of the members have already changed their titles.
    It's Ok if you rename your thread, "tawastom's Trades", or whatever you feel is good for you. I had a bunch of them to do in a hurry, and just named them all TRADES.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER