Thread: OK, Going To Finally Do It Today

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

OK, Going To Finally Do It Today

It's has been over a year since I've been to the gun range, due to a bout with nasopharyngeal cancer, the radiation and chemotherapy treatments, which caused a drastic weight loss that put me in a nursing home for about 4 months. I finally seem to be in full remissin, gained some weight back, and am getting around fine. Now during my bout I was not neglecting adding a few more C&R guns to my collection. So today is the day I'm going to shoot them. Unfired by me guns I'm taking

Finn M24 Mosin Nagant 7.62X54R
    Finn M27 Mosin Nagant 7.62X54R
    Remington Mosin Nagant 7.62X54R
    Yugo M48 8mm Mauser
    2nd Yugo M48 8mm Mauser
    Yugo M48A 8 mm Mauser
    Swiss 96/11 7.5 Swiss
    Spanish 1916 Mauser converted to .308 Win
    Fusion Firearms custom built Hunter 10mm Pistol
    Dan Wesson pistol pack, need to test the new 8" shroud and scope, and the 15" barrel assembly.

Plan on having a nice relaxing day.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad to hear things are going well with you and that you're getting out to burn some ammo. Looks like you'll have to plan a block of time for gun cleaning too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gonna' need a truck to haul the ammo for all those. Enjoy, but don't throw your back out carrying all that..............................hehehe

Bill

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Oh my aching shoulder! Ain't used to shootin' no more. But had a great time. Didn't do too bad, either.

First pic is top target Finn M24 Mosin Nagant with a SIG barrel. Bottom target was my Finn M28 with a Tikka barrel. Both were the very first 5 shots I ever fired in them.
    SANY0124_zps05ab9deb.jpg

Second pic is from my Dan Wesson 15-2 .357 magnum with my EWK 15" barrel. Also the very first (six this time) shots I've fired out of it.

SANY0125_zps4b1c8ab0.jpg

My new Fusion Firearms long slide custom built 10mm pistol worked flawlessly. Unfortunately I seemed to have thrown away that target....didn't mean to. Love its fiber optic pipe front sight.

Also shot a Swiss 96/11, 2 Mausers, a Spanish 1916 Mauser, and an American made Remington Mosin Nagant. Ended the day by a box of .44 Magnum in my Ruger Superblackhawk.....the only gun I took today I've already fired.
    Last edited by gandog56; 11-15-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Glad you were able to get out and play. Sounds like it was a good time.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Awww just when I get back in the swing of thinks, they carve some on my kidney. And as soon as they sent me home I got pneumonia. The bad thing? In 6-8 weeks they want to carve on the other one.

If it weren't for bad luck I've have no luck at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope it all works out for you gandog56 !!! A prayer should help.

Feedback Score
    CANCER SUCKS!!! I've gone thru several operations over the last 14 months but starting to fell better . still trying to get things right as far as medications go. hang in there gandog56 without prayer I'm not sure if I would be in the right mind. It has really helped me and my family I'm only 39 and have gone thru so much , but my faith and my childhood sweetheart still by my side and my sons it has made it a lot more bearable .It's great to see you up and doing the things you love . Keep it up you sound like your headed in the right direction and we will keep you in our prayers

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah just got back from Houston after getting my right kidney carved on. It was cancer, but they are pretty sure they got it all, and they left most of the kidney. Now I have to recover to where they are going to carve a smaller mass on the other one.

But of course I promptly got pneumonia when they sent me home. Some times it really sucks to be me.