Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Ruger LCP

Anybody have any experience shooting/carrying the Ruger LCP pistol?

Ed
    Last edited by WarEagleEd; 09-11-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah I have one. You need the shoot through holster....makes it even better.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Does it feed all sorts of ammunition reliably? How is the trigger pull?

Ed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The trigger pull is absolutely horrible......LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG! No problem with ammo...probably have 3000 rounds down the pipe.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So, it's just a long trigger pull, but not a heavy pull?

Ed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The trigger is long, but not hard at all. A buddy has one and he let me shoot it. It was a nice gun, and for a small carry, it was very good shooter. I think if you needed the gun, you wouldn't notice the long trigger pull.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I agree with that...if you needed it you wouldn't notice the long trigger pull, but you would notice the very limited magazine capacity......

Also you might notice that the sights are useless......if you need to protect yourself, the other person should be close....REALLY close.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    +1 for terrible sights. I have even thought about adding one of the bolt on laser sights. I like carrying it, I sometimes forget I even have it in my pocket.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yruiz View Post
    +1 for terrible sights. I have even thought about adding one of the bolt on laser sights. I like carrying it, I sometimes forget I even have it in my pocket.
    If you carry it enough, you will get used to any pistol, and "forget" about it. When I first stated carrying, it was my fs 1911. It was heavy and it dug into my side. Now, I can work in the yard or hunt or what ever, and only notice when I bump it. Like steal towed boots, if you carry it enough, you will get used to it.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZmanWakeForest View Post
    Yeah I have one. You need the shoot through holster....makes it even better.
    I'm not positive about this, but I've heard from a reliable source that the shoot through holster makes it an NFA weapon... I'd look into this if you carry one or are planning to carry one.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There are lots of "variations" of a shoot through holster.....some are approved...some are not....it's all about the grey area....a good indication is if you buy it at YOUR local FFL and not off the internet you should be good....if it was illegal your local guy can't or "shouldn't" sell it.....but that is just what "I've heard from a reliable source"

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    There are lots of "variations" of a shoot through holster.....some are approved...some are not....it's all about the grey area....a good indication is if you buy it at YOUR local FFL and not off the internet you should be good....if it was illegal your local guy can't or "shouldn't" sell it.....but that is just what "I've heard from a reliable source"
    On the same token, you can buy a 8" barrel for an AR15, but putting it on a rifle lower makes it a SBR... As you said, all about the grey area. I'd ask around to be sure before getting hit with an NFA violation

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For those less adventureous......

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For those less adventureous......

Eek!!!
    I can't speak for if its non-regulated or not, but is it any different then an iwb holster or some other way of hiding your carry? As to the 8" ar, I have a sholder stock for a 191w, as well as an 18" bbl. If you have the stock, and not the bbl, you are asking for trouble.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have seen that shoot through holster before. How does it feel to grip the gun while in that holster?

BTW, I picked up a Ruger LCP last Friday. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet, but hopefully I can do that this weekend.

Ed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It improves the grip dramatically, especially if you have large hands on that tiny pea shoot!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    BTW, I picked up a Ruger LCP last Friday. I haven't had the chance to fire it yet, but hopefully I can do that this weekend.
    So... Did you get out and test the new toy?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No, I haven't had a chance yet. I hope to go to the range Sunday or Monday, but you know what they say, the best laid plans of mice and men oft go astray.

Ed

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, good luck, when ever you get out to play. I know my trips to the range have not happened like I was hoping the last few months.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've only made it to the range about 1/3 as much as I've wanted to this summer...