Thread: Recent range brass

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Recent range brass

We have had a string of nice weather recently, so it was time to go to the range. When looking through the brass buckets it's all 9mm. There was a few 45acp, some 40S&W but I noticed some 45 had small primers. So I left those as well. I think folks are shooting 9mm due to availability and cost. I hope it changes this spring and summer! I have a lifetime supply of what I need. But after decades of collecting brass I can't help myself...

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    It just seems like a crime to leave it there, it gets lonely without it's friends.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Brass Scroungers Anonymous! I'm a member!!! Most of my finds for the last several years have been 9mm and 223/5.56.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I was wondering if small primer 45 cases would start getting more love because large primer are more expensive now.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile79 View Post
    I was wondering if small primer 45 cases would start getting more love because large primer are more expensive now.
    That is a good thought. If I was starting with reloading, I'd be looking for that brass. So that I could use the less expensive SPP and also standardize. But luckily I bought LPP years ago before primers went crazy expensive... I've also been successful coming across primers at estate sales... One memorable estate sale was a guy that was part of the 10th Mountain division. I bought all his powder, primers, lead, molds, WWII items, etc. I digress. So now when a small primer 45acp brass gets through when I'm reloading, it is an awe crap moment.