Thread: New member - have a question

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score

New member - have a question

Just joined the forum - in looking at other sites that offer a credit program for used brass I found one that treats deprimed brass as scrap. I can only assume this is to sort out brass that had blown primers or primer pockets out-of-spec. On this site I see many offers of brass that ARE deprimed and cleaned. What is the general preference for the condition of brass offered for trade? I usually wet tumble with pins but I also deprime so the primer pockets get cleaned. However, if brass is preferred with the spent primers still in place I can do that too. I'm excited to have found this forum as I'm hoping to be able to trade some brass.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I also deprime and wet rumble with steel shot. When depriming I discard that brass that primers fall out when removing the primer, if the brass is already missing the primer and I find it I usually check the primer pocket to see if it is in spec. Just inform people of what you are trading and condition,

Welcome to the forum.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm another that deprimes and wet tumbles my trades. I carefully cull them during the processes.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't always wet tumble all brass. When I come across brass that I feel someone might want I pick it up, wether I have a shell holder for it or not. So my trades are mixed. When I list brass for trade I specify which brass is processed or not.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Some of my brass I deprime. In the past I used to deprime more, but kinda got away from doing that. The main thing I make sure I do is tell people if the brass is deprimed and NOT sized because some people will wrongly assume all deprimed brass must have also been sized. You would be surprised how many people just don't know about universal decapping dies.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I always de cap with a universal and wet pin tumble all the brass I trade.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I generally don't de-prime. This way, if there is a factory sealant or mil crimp, the recipient knows that it is once fired. If de-primed, it could be 10 times fired.