Thread: Quiet.....

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quiet.....

I swear,...I heard crickets chirping at the brass trading forum.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, not much action lately. We need some more members. I'm worried about the future of our site.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll throw the word out in a couple of groups I belong to.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    You are right, the spammer seems to be more active than some of the members.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well there was a panic pandemic, I think we are slowly returning to "normal". Us mere mortals that get brass from public ranges are just starting to see average shooters coming back the range. I used to see no brass and nobody shooting. Now people are showing up, shooting 9mm and 5.56... But I am also starting to see some other calibers showing up in small quantities. You have to have brass to trade... Also primers have been an issue. So those who are looking into reloading, I'm sure are finding pause. Why get into the hobby if you can't find components? Particularly when primers became stupid expensive... Additionally, why reload popular rounds when ammo costs are already coming down. I've seen 9mm for 21 cents each via mail order. If you buy bullets at 10 cents each and primers are similar. It doesn't pay to reload those common calibers. This all has to shake out and it will take time.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think another factor is that as the economy gets worse people who pickup extra brass like we do are more likely to sell the brass instead of trade the brass because they would rather have cash instead of making a trade.
    I agree that high primer costs is also a big factor. I'm thinking primers will have to come back down to around $50 per 1000 before things change and people start reloading more.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Where I'm at, it appears those who had brass chose to take advantage of the shortage to sell. In addition, nobody leaves their brass behind, anymore, other than someone with a new firearm, for example, who may leave a box or 2 behind. Others, who would normally have ignored spent brass have realized there is a market & scrounge everything for reselling.
    Personally, I lucked out by being overseas for an extended time. My stash was intact & still had primers from when they were $15 a thousand, to include Berdan.
    Load and shoot: 6.5mm (Dutch, Jap., Carcano, Swede), 7x57, 7.35 Carcano, 7.5mm (Mas, Swiss), 303 British, 7.65x53, 7.7 Jap, 7.62x51, 30-06, 8x50R & 8x52R Siamese, 30-40 Krag, 8x57, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 8x 56R, 30 Carbine, 450/577 Martini, 300 Win Mag, 45 LC.