Thread: In case you haven't noticed

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)

In case you haven't noticed

If you look at the gray line, just above the New Posts, Private Message etc, you will notice the Cast Boolits link, which has been there since the forum started under Cast Boolits. There use to be an ABT link on the Cast Boolits Forum but it is now gone.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hum, I haven't noticed it missing from the Cast Boolits site until you caused me to look. I'm afraid our site is dying. I know they need a mod. If I was more computer savvy I would do it.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I have volunteered as have several other members.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Could be a sign that nobody is paying the web hosting service...? Wouldn't be too surprised if we try to come here in the future and the site is down. Has there been a decision to let this site's hosting contract run out? Links removed...

No administrator(s). I volunteered to help, no reply. ???

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I hope this site doesn't vanish. The trading activity might have slowed down, but it still serves a purpose for many of us.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's really sad. There is no way I could do it, but it sounds like some have tried to mod this site with no response. I sure will miss it. I've made some great deals here. Signs of the times I guess. Thanks to all that are concerned. There are buy, sell and trade on other forums but none like this used to be.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I wonder if we could continue trading either via email or Facebook? Facebook you are subject to their rules but if we all traded email addresses we could keep the trading going. I’m not recommending that we do this publicly but privately via PMs.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will look into the cost to find a new webhost, new site name (Brass4Trade, or)and software. Might have to charge a small membership fee... It also might be possible to host with my own hardware? I'll start looking into some possibilities.
    Last edited by 1blue; 12-23-2021 at 08:39 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the trading slowed down because people weren't shooting. During the pandemic, I'd go to the range and be the only person there. But ammo has been coming back to store shelves and some people are showing up to shoot their new expensive rounds. I think it will pick back up. Just recently, I picked up half a sandwich bag of 10mm. Saving it for Happyguy.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1blue View Post
    I will look into the cost to find a new webhost, new site name (Brass4Trade, or)and software. Might have to charge a small membership fee... It also might be possible to host with my own hardware? I'll start looking into some possibilities.
    Well, spent the morning looking at this... I will miss this site when it is gone.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    After checking in here and seeing that the outlook is pretty dim, I got to thinking and remembered how I first discovered this site. It was through a member that maybe some of you have made some trades with. gandog56, God rest his soul. We made some great trades here and there. If this forum is going under...the site I became acquainted with gandog is Gun&Game. I had forgotten about and hadn't visited the site in a few yrs. Low and behold, they are still going strong and have a pretty decent brass trading forum. "The brass trader" Please visit if it's new to you and check it out. Please reply and let me know what you think. My user name over there is Gster. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile79 View Post
    I wonder if we could continue trading either via email or Facebook? Facebook you are subject to their rules but if we all traded email addresses we could keep the trading going. I’m not recommending that we do this publicly but privately via PMs.
    MeWe is where most of the brass trading / selling moved to when facebook changed their rules. MeWe is free to use, works very similar to facebook and there are tons of reloading / components groups. I've been on MeWe for several years now and probably belong to over 50 different reloading type groups. If anyone wants to add me as a contact over there here's a link to my profile. https://mewe.com/i/joesafety

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I contacted No_1 again and waiting for a reply.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Back to the top