PDA

View Full Version : Just so you all know

DukeInFlorida
08-09-2019, 01:33 PM
Just a heads up.

I have previously reported that I have the rarest of the cancers. It's called, "Multiple Myeloma". So far there is no cure. It's just come back, this time (4th time)with a vengeance. I do my treatments with one of the best research oncology doctors in the world (certainly in the US!) for this cancer. This guy wants to be the one that becomes famous for creating what will be a vaccine for keeping this cancer forever at bay. However. he's far from creating that new science.

I just started a new treatment plan at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, where my doctor works. This time, unlike previous "drug trials" the cancer is back worse than it has ever been before. This time it's massive amounts of actual CHEMO drugs, with chemo side effects.

So, I'll try to stay on top of this site (I'm the only one moderating it) as much as I can, for as long as I can. Thanks for your patience and understanding. I know that we recently lost one of our good members. My situation is no way as dire as any of that. Hoping to come out the other end of the chemo in about 6 months with the cancer again in remission.

I have a page set up to assist with costs, and if it makes any sense for any of you, Gob Bless! It's about two hours of driving each way to and from Mayo Clinic from here in Port Orange, FL. I'll somehow figure it all out. It's one of those times in one's life that living alone, and with two wonderful and supportive children living 1200 miles away in New England, that some days are very trying. So, thanks in advance for prayers. They are much appreciated.
Here's the link: https://www.gofundme.com/multiple-myeloma-bills

Thanks again. Hoping everyone here has good health!
Your humble moderator, Orville

Hostile79
08-09-2019, 05:59 PM
God bless and keep you healthy Duke! I hope you can kick this cancer again!

lightman
08-10-2019, 05:45 AM
Thats tough news my Friend. Will keep you in our prayers. Hang in there and stay in touch.

Mbaker78
08-10-2019, 12:51 PM
It’s good that you seem to have a positive attitude toward it. I’ve heard that helps a lot, believe it or not. Hoping for a speedy trip through this and back into remission.

Side note, have you considered letting someone else take on some of the burden of the forum? I’m NOT volunteering, because I know nothing about that side of things, but it would probably help you out a bit.

WarEagleEd
08-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Good luck, I'll be praying for you.

Leftyfixit
08-10-2019, 09:41 PM
I hope you are able to beat this again. God be with you and those around you.

DukeInFlorida
08-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Fortunately, this site is relatively trouble free. Thanks to you all for making it so. We only occasionally get an off-shore intruder, and we can deal with them quickly. I was chosen to be the admin for this site because of my long term relationship with the parent site: castboolits.gunloads.com

And, because I run a few other sites on my own (floridareloading.com (http://www.floridareloading.com) for example), and so know all the small details of managing members, settings, etc. Trust me, it's not for the faint of heart. Small mistakes can crash the entire database for the whole site. SWo, I am experienced enough, and able to do small amounts when needed.

I have a very positive att9itude towards this, the rarest of the cancers. I have the best of care, and expect that as time goes along, I'll beat it again. In the meantime, if we get an unexpected off shore intruder, just report any shady postings, and I'll be notified. I can handle those somehat quickly.

Thank you for your prayers and best wishes, and especially to those who have donated to the fundme page to help cover the otherwise uncovered costs. If any of you are ever in the Daytona area, the beer is on me.

Orville