PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas, and...................

DukeInFlorida
12-24-2018, 11:08 AM
So, Merry Christmas to all of our contributing members. Good health and prosperity in 2019 to all.

Here's what's new with me:

Some of you know that I have a cancer with no cure. I'm not trying to take any focus away from any of our other ailing members. Not at all. And, not hoping for any sympathy or special treatment here. This is just a report.
My cancer is Multiple Myeloma. It's the rarest of the cancers, and there are sub types of it, and I have the rarest of the sub types. Lucky me. I have been in a drug trial, and that has been keeping me going OK. No serious side effects, other than pre-existing neuropathy in my toes from previous treatments. Permanent nerve damage they tell me. My finger tips are starting to go numb from the current drug trial chemo drugs. It's the tail end of this drug trial. The cancer manifests itself by growing lesions (tumors) on the surface of the bones, typically causing severe bone pain. I have severe bone pain on my left femur bone. I was up at mayo Clinic Friday to get an Xray, all that they could schedule for that day. No fractures, but Xrays are not able to see lesions (tumors). So, they have me scheduled for a PET scan (Positron Emissions Tomography) on the 31st, New Years Eve DAY. That will show lesions where they exist. The pain is pretty severe, and I am existing on doses of Percocet, which is the only thing that seems to deal with the level of pain. For any of you who have had kidney stones, this is THAT level of pain. Except in my left upper leg. (my kidneys are not located there).

So, that's it. My doctor has assured me that he will not allow me to die from this cancer. Says I have a better chance of being hit by a runaway bus or meteorite. But, there is no cure. Volunteering here to help stay busy.

I've started a FUND to assist with some of the older medical bills. Prayers are preferred, but if you want to donate, this is a time of year for giving.
Here's a link:
https://www.gofundme.com/multiple-myeloma-bills

Thanks for your prayers, both for me and all ailing Ammo Brass Trader members. GOD bless

Mashuga
12-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Merry Christmas Duke and to all. I'm sorry to hear of your trials. I hope the new year is a better year for you and for Gandog and everyone else who ails. Prayers sent your way.
I don't post much but I check the board regularly.

lightman
12-24-2018, 03:22 PM
Merry Christmas to all of you.

curt48mauser
12-25-2018, 02:36 PM
Hi Duke,
Sorry to hear of your circumstances, prayers sent.
Curt

Hostile79
12-26-2018, 04:54 AM
God bless you Duke! A Merry Christmas and a Happy
And Healthy New Year to you!

Dan