PDA

View Full Version : You Have To Wonder

gandog56
12-05-2013, 06:39 AM
Why do the spammers seem to love this website so much. None of my other boards get slammed like this one.

Nice job on whoever cleaned up the mess from the last massive attack, though.

DukeInFlorida
12-06-2013, 05:10 AM
The last attack came from the Ukraine. They can't have guns there, so it's pretty much a pissed off college kid.
There's no chance that anyone here in the states would ever trade with anyone in the Ukraine, so I am asking our fearless leader to BAN all Ukraine IP addresses (block them, actually). We'll see if that helps.

We've developed quite an easy way to kill all the thousands of spams quickly. I took care of over a thousand in a 15 minute period of time the other day.

There are several of us checking each day.

gandog56
12-06-2013, 06:09 AM
With the warehouses and warehouses of cheap milsurp berdan primed ammo there, you can bet they won't be trading much brass here.

gandog56
12-06-2013, 06:11 AM
We've developed quite an easy way to kill all the thousands of spams quickly. I took care of over a thousand in a 15 minute period of time the other day.

Like I said, good job. But I'm still wondering why us, I mean how many thousand gun message boards are out there? I belong to about twenty of so. What makes this site so inviting to spam?

DukeInFlorida
12-07-2013, 12:33 PM
It's NOT "JUST" this forum.
It's all forums. The spammers typically look for smaller forums, which they hope won't have much active moderator action.

It's typically college or grammar school kids. They have "no life" and poor attitudes. They firmly believe that they will get rich quick if they post the silly generic drug listings. How wrong they are (on all counts).