PDA

View Full Version : Spring is coming!

1blue
04-20-2023, 08:30 PM
Really looking forward to Spring and warmer weather! As I have gotten older, I just don't have the desire to sit outside and freeze my kibble and bits in the Winter. You are always in the shade, wind blowing, etc... I'm hoping to also find some trade brass. The past few years, have been pretty bleak. With the pandemic I'd often find myself the only one shooting. All I would see is 9mm and 5.56 brass. But now with ammo back on the shelves, seeing more shooters at the indoor ranges, I'm feeling pretty positive about the upcoming outdoor season!

lightman
04-21-2023, 09:00 AM
I'm about ready too. The woods behind the house have really gotten green in the last couple of weeks and the grass is too. We had our first Hummingbird for the year this morning! And I have loaded ammo that needs shooting!

Happyguy
04-21-2023, 09:14 AM
It is getting close to start camping again.

seeker
04-21-2023, 06:16 PM
It sounds like we are all ready for spring. It got up to 74° today. I'm pretty much in the same boat. Seems like nobody goes to the range anymore but me.

1blue
04-23-2023, 08:32 AM
Here in Colorado we had more snow this week. Next week we are expecting three days of rain. I'm not complaining. It has been dry as hell, so the moisture is very welcome. However, two weeks ago we had some 78 degree days. I went to the outdoor range and came across some various 45LC, 10mm and a few rifle cases. (saving for Happyguy) There were 4 other shooters, so I'm feeling positive about the upcoming outdoor season. The ROs do not police the area out in front of the stations, so I walk around when targets are being changed and pick up anything I see that looks interesting.