Thread: Recent Finds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    223's along with 9mm and 40 S&W are so plentiful right now that they are hard to trade or sell. When they do sell they have to be priced near scrap value. I hate to scrap decent brass and plan to hold mine for the next shortage. Its coming, sooner or later. At least they always have.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Its coming, sooner or later. At least they always have.
    Im guessing about this time next year, things will start to dry up and prices will increase again.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just went to my outdoor range yesterday. My out-of-the-ordinary finds were 32 ACP, 44 Magnum, 44 Special, 6.5 Creedmoor, and a dozen or so of what I believe is a Turkish rifle cartridge, maybe a Mauser. Leastways that's what a brief Google search turned up. Headstamp has a T, then a crescent with a star over it, then a C. Date 1942. Don't remember the rest of it, not that easy to read. Probably Berdan, but I just chucked it in a box to look at later.

The Creedmoor and 32 are headed for trade here, once I get enough to even list. The 44s are like gold nuggets to me, they aren't going anywhere.

Also found a few dozen 45 ACP, which is not that common, for that range at least. 38 and 357 are pretty rare too.

About half I find is steel case. I want a bumper sticker that says, "Friends don't let friends shoot steel case!"

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Im guessing about this time next year, things will start to dry up and prices will increase again.
    Wow, That was a heck of a guess! I'm guessing you were thinking election year. Who would have thought we would have a Pandemic?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG08 View Post
    Is there any market for 223/ 5.56 ? I get tons of it here from shooters and LEA, but no real need for it as it is cheaper to buy ammo than reload 223. We clean up a couple of ranges, so we see a weird mix. I have 5 gal buckets of it. Brass, not steel ( I just dumpster those) I end up taking the 223 to the brass recycling along with the berdan rifle brass from the MGs. Sort of getting to the same point on 40 S&W and 9mm, as I have way more brass than I an use.
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    223's along with 9mm and 40 S&W are so plentiful right now that they are hard to trade or sell. When they do sell they have to be priced near scrap value. I hate to scrap decent brass and plan to hold mine for the next shortage. Its coming, sooner or later. At least they always have.
    Check out the mewe reloading groups. It's similar to facebook except they haven't banned reloading components like facebook did. If all you guys are doing is scraping that stuff it can't hurt to give mewe a try.
    Last edited by SafetyJoe; 05-19-2019 at 07:54 AM.