Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    I removed the primers from about 50 pieces of 7.62 X 39 brass. What was odd is that 6 of them had unfired primers in them. When I removed them the primer pockets were dirty, so the cases had been fired at least once before and a new primer seated into them. I’ve never reloaded a single round of 7.62 X 39 so I don’t think that I seated the primers in those cases (one, I don’t remember doing it; two, my primer pockets would have been cleaner than that). The cases are Fiocchi and I have used some Fiocchi ammo in this caliber. Unfortunately, my label that’s in the bag with the brass isn’t too helpful. All it says is “Fiocchi” and the number of pieces. So, I initially thought this was brass that I had fired, but I now think it’s brass that I received in a trade. What do y’all do with live primers like this, render them inert?
    As I have aged I have forced myself to make more and better notes when I feel the need to put a note on stuff. You think you can remember but......

As to live primers, I just drop them into the trash can. I never have enough at any one time to cause a hazard. They are nearly impossible to kill so I don't bother. I do save spent primers and I'm careful to not get live ones mixed in them.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    As I have aged I have forced myself to make more and better notes when I feel the need to put a note on stuff. You think you can remember but......

As to live primers, I just drop them into the trash can. I never have enough at any one time to cause a hazard. They are nearly impossible to kill so I don't bother. I do save spent primers and I'm careful to not get live ones mixed in them.
    A man I can understand, saving spent primers.