Thread: Where is all the brass going?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Shooting had slowed down some around here but now its pretty much at a complete stop. They were paying the high prices but now theres not any ammo, at any price.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Shooting had slowed down some around here but now its pretty much at a complete stop. They were paying the high prices but now theres not any ammo, at any price.
    I think a lot of people are holding off on shooting the ammo they have for a little while. Something like the " wait and see " mentality. People just don't know what's going to happen, but they have a feeling it wont be good so they aren't shooting up their ammo just for fun anymore. I still see a few people going to the ranges, but they are either reloaders or people just sighting in their rifle with a few rounds. Last year when the lockdowns started and several of the local shooting ranges around here shut down I had a bunch of business cards made that says on one side " I pay top dollar for reloadable brass cartridge casings " and on the back it says " Much more than scrap value paid in cash " along with my email address. I started passing them out to friends, people I saw at the shooting ranges and I pinned them up on the bulletin boards at my local gun stores. It turned out to work pretty good. I've had several people contact me that had been saving brass for a while thinking they might get into reloading, but changed their mind and wanted to sell the brass to me. So there's an idea for anyone else out there that's been having a problem picking up brass at ranges or in case you're just tired of bending over a lot to pick up brass yourself. You can essentially have other people do it for you and then you just buy the brass off them for more than they could sell the brass elsewhere and less than you could buy the brass elsewhere so everyone is happy and your back doesn't hurt as much.
    Last edited by SafetyJoe; 01-20-2021 at 04:53 PM.