Thread: Name something you can't live without that most don't have

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't decide between two things I have that I can't live without. My Lyman Power Case Trimmer and or my Redding powder measure.
    I used a Forster case trimmer for many years. I used it so much that the aluminum handle grip part was so worn that it would pinch my finger and draw blood if I wasn't very carful. So I had to replace it. I bought the Lyman Power Trimmer and never looked back. I think Lyman discontinued the Power Case Trimmer (why? I don't know) but RCBS makes one. I will never go back to a manual trimmer.
    As to my Redding powder measure, I've used nearly every brand of powder measure out there starting with an old Ideal measure through Lyman, RCBS, Frankford and Hornady (never Lee, never never Lee). None compare to the Redding. It will dump very small charges more accurately than any of the rest of them. Yes, it still has a little trouble with large grain stick powders but not nearly as much as the others I've tried. So there's my take on it. Take it as you will.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    The new Lee auto drum (not auto disk) actually works pretty good. I use it on my hornady progressive press. Spare drums are very cheap to buy so I have several already set for different loads and powders. When I want to switch a load or powder it's super easy to swap out the drum. Saves me a bunch of time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    I can't decide between two things I have that I can't live without. My Lyman Power Case Trimmer and or my Redding powder measure.
    I used a Forster case trimmer for many years. I used it so much that the aluminum handle grip part was so worn that it would pinch my finger and draw blood if I wasn't very carful. So I had to replace it. I bought the Lyman Power Trimmer and never looked back. I think Lyman discontinued the Power Case Trimmer (why? I don't know) but RCBS makes one. I will never go back to a manual trimmer.
    As to my Redding powder measure, I've used nearly every brand of powder measure out there starting with an old Ideal measure through Lyman, RCBS, Frankford and Hornady (never Lee, never never Lee). None compare to the Redding. It will dump very small charges more accurately than any of the rest of them. Yes, it still has a little trouble with large grain stick powders but not nearly as much as the others I've tried. So there's my take on it. Take it as you will.