Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have tens of thousands of pcs of various brass that's sitting there, ready to reload. I just don't get as fanatical as some with regard to reloading it all.
    The house painter usully needs his house painted, and the cobblers children usually have the worst shoes. This NRA cartridge reloading instructor is wayyyyyyyyyyy behind in building ammo. (insert sad face here)

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just finished sorting and depriming a tubb of brass that I picked up before deer season, and added some of it to my trades. Finally something besides 9mm, 40 S&W and 223, but there was some of that too!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I removed the primers from some .32 ACP and 7.62X39 brass. Most of the 7.62X39 brass was "PMC" and the primers were crimped in place, so I'll have to remove the crimp from those cases. The rest of the brass was Remington ("R-P") and did not have crimped primers, so it was no problem removing the primers out of those. I used the Harvey hand deprimer with all of this brass.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I’m off for the next 7 days, and the wife is working the holidays, so I’m hoping to get some of this lead turned into bullets so I’ll have something to load when it gets too cold to spend any time outside.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sitting in the loading room and looking out at the barren cold fields. Listening to some music on Utube and sorting some brass.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Made up some bullets last night, got some powder coating done today. Just over 1000 bullets PC’d and ready to size and load, 645 of the lee 401-175 and 380 of the lee 452-230TC.

I’m going to order some Eastwood jet black for the lee 309-230s that I have made up already.

I also learned that silicone baking trays grow when they get hot, which somewhat threw me off.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    About to start depriming and then cleaning process on 150 pieces of 300PRC. Cleaned out 3 Cabellas/Bass Pro on the way home of Retumbo, Reloader 33, H1000, and Reloader 26....20lbs total.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I tumbled the 7.62X39 and .32 ACP brass that I deprimed the other day. I just need to find the time to load all this brass that I'm prepping.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    @WarEagleEd I did prep some 300PRC brass while watching Auburn smack around Alabama.... from a GA Bulldog Fan.....I really enjoyed seeing that.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Does anyone know who started using the USA head stamp with a star on either side? I just started seeing them the past several months. It's not Starline or Armscor. It's someone else. I'm guessing it's winchester, but I'm not sure. Anyone know ?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Maybe from the hornady American whitetail line?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Maybe from the hornady American whitetail line?
    That's another good guess. I'm tempted to go to cabelas and start opening boxes to find out.
    I was thinking it might be winchester because of their " USA Ready " ammo. The box says USA in big letters and it has 3 stars on the box. It'll be interesting to see who's guesses are correct. Start making your bets. LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The problem with the Winchester theory is that all of the hadstamp images that I see do NOT have the *USA* head stamp.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah, I tried doing the google image search for that ammo and couldn't find anything showing the head stamp either. I might just have to go open a box at cabelas and take a look. I was just hoping someone here might already know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    The problem with the Winchester theory is that all of the hadstamp images that I see do NOT have the *USA* head stamp.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Reloading some 300PRC after some load testing at the range today. I'll have to anneal this time. 6 firings on some Hornady brass. Bullet: 225gr ELD-M Powder Vihtavuori N565. Barrel: 1-9tw Bartlein 28".

300PRC225N565.jpg

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Man, that’s about what my 308 is getting with 168SMKs through the 26” barrel..

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I do have a load for a 230gr Hornady A-Tip that runs over 3000fps...but it is out of an accuracy node....it is very hard on the brass....and the speeds are all over the place....hence...out of the accuracy node.

And...that 2931fps is the 'Winter Load'....the summer load of the same powder and weight is about 45fps faster. N565 seems to adhere to the 1fps per degree of F rule.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Can anyone tell me why I have some 7mm mauser and 300 win mag with abnormal shoulders? Are they some wildcat brass conversion? They don't look like ackley improved shoulder angles, but maybe I'm wrong.

First picture is the 7mm mauser. Second picture is the 300 win mag.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Nothing other than someone trying to shoot the wrong caliber ammo through a rifle.

I personally like when people shoot 308 in a 30-06.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've seen that before, but I think it's something different now because I have 28 pcs of that 7mm mauser that look like that and the oal of the casing looks like it was trimmed, but I didn't actually measure them with calipers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Nothing other than someone trying to shoot the wrong caliber ammo through a rifle.

I personally like when people shoot 308 in a 30-06.