Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I use a punch set to label mine. A " W " for wheel weight, a " SW " for stick on wheel weights, a " R " for range scrap, a " P " for pure roof sheeting lead, and a " S " for range pickup slugs. I have a lee hardness tester, but haven't tested any of the hardness yet. I don't load much rifle bullets and when I do the wheel weights have worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    Are they all of exactly the same hardness?

I commonly create a batch of lead to cast into similar ingots. I measure the hardness of each batch and write that on the ingots with a sharpie pen that way I know if I'm casting rifle bullets to use the harder alloy. And if doing pistol bullets I know to use the softer alloy batches. Having a tub of randomly hard ingots could be confusing in the future

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I scored a lee 356-124rn mold, .356 bullet sizing die, and 9mm 3 die set today at my local shop. Now I can start loading 9mm, since I just got a steal on a 9mm barrel for my M&P40.

I think I’m going to powder coat some of the bullets I already have cast though, before I start with the 9mm stuff.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I scored a lee 356-124rn mold, .356 bullet sizing die, and 9mm 3 die set today at my local shop. Now I can start loading 9mm, since I just got a steal on a 9mm barrel for my M&P40.

I think I’m going to powder coat some of the bullets I already have cast though, before I start with the 9mm stuff.
    That's exactly what I did....drop in barrel for the M&P40...and use the same magazines....powder coat some 124gr bullets...I went truncated cone though...so..not 'exactly' but close enough...

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I was hoping for the tumble lube TC version, but the RN was all he had in stock. I still need to clean it before I can use it.

I sized and checked the 452-300 bullets I powder coated, they look like they should do pretty well for 450 bushmaster. I sized up what I had coated of the 309-230 and added them to the collection.

I still have a couple hundred more of them to coat along with a couple hundred of the 312-160.

My next step is to process the brass I got from the last couple range trips, sort out stuff to cut down for blackout, and get everything cleaned up.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Over the last couple days I’ve cutdown a few hundred for blackout, sized and tumbled all of that plus the other blackout I had.

Went and did some shooting with my dad for Memorial Day, luckily the rain held off for a bit.

I deprimed and tumbled all of the 308win I had been sitting on for some unknown reason, there was a lot more than I thought, I almost had too much to tumble in one batch.

Cleaned all of the 40 I had laying around that was deprimed.

Being laid off has helped my reloading progress immensely, if nothing else.