Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nothing lately. My loading room caught some of the overflow from the kitchen remodel and I don't have enough room to move around in there.

I have a buddy coming over this morning to cast. We cast in my shop and I leave the melting pot and hot plate on the work bench.
    Last edited by lightman; 03-14-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I mounted my Redding T-7 press to a board for subsequent clamping to my reloading bench. That is all I have done lately.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was soooo bored that I took 5k rounds of 40 S&W and ran them back through a 100 round shockbottle to both gauge them and to double check my count listed on a sheet in my ammo boxes.

I put vinyl caliber stickers on my ammo cans...that took all of 5mins.
    I cleaned off the work bench...as in Murphy's Oil and a rag...now that is being bored.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was processing some .45 ACP brass for reloading before I left for my deployment. When I got back I couldn't remember if I had sized them or not and I left no notes. I looked them over today and found one dented case mouth, so I don't think they have been sized. I plan on doing that this weekend, but I'll see how that goes.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I’m off the next 7 days, so hopefully I’ll get some loading and unloading done, now that the weather is somewhat decent.

I can finally start in on the box of 223/5.56 brass (roughly 1200 pcs) that needs sized and trimmed, it’ll be a good chance to put the frankford arsenal trim and prep center though it’s paces.

Going to mount my new scope on the 308 tomorrow, and take my son out to test and sight in his AR that he built himself. Should be a decent week off work.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'll actually be at the range today. I need to shoot and record data on a lot of stuff I've reloaded this month. 300blk 150 plated subsonic, 300blk 165gr subsonic, 308 168gr bthp, 9mm 124gr jhp, 9mm 124gr powder coated, 40S&W 180gr jhp, 40S&W 180gr powder coated, 40S&W 185 gr swaged jhp from 9mm brass, 45acp 230gr JHP, 8mm mauser hunting load, and finally a lot of testing on my 22lr to .224 bullets that I swaged. Need to make sure I can run at the speeds I want and not have jacket seperation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    5+ hours of shooting today...over 800 rounds...wow..I am super happy...now I have something to reload

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I took my son out to test and sight in his AR. It doesn’t cycle, so I have to troubleshoot the gas system and see what’s going on :/

Maybe later tonight I’ll mount my scope so I can get it to the range Saturday.