Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Got bored in the afternoon and fired the lead pot up again... this time some 240gr boolits to feed the 45ACP. Poured 366 before my hands got tired of holding a six cavity. Sized, 1 coat powder coat, and sized again....loaded up a handful...will get the rest tomorrow night.

b2bullet2.jpg

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I think I have the 2 cavity version of that mold, but still haven’t cast anything yet. Do they feed and shoot well?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a S&W M&P 45...and the 9mm...and the 40S&W...and the 22LR pistol...heh..the whole family...but anyway...on that 45 the feed ramp is a very nice smooth scoop and yes..they feed great due to that...I guess they shoot well...I suck at handgun...I can hit a person sized target at 20 yards...so it's all good...I'm more of a long long long range rifle guy.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have the full size M&P40 and the 45 shield. Both are fantastic pistols, but most of the 45acp will probably be fired from a Springfield 1911.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Our kitchen remodel is done and I hope to get back into the loading room after while. I was working my way through 2 20mm ammo cans of 9mm's when we started on the kitchen and didn't quite get through with them. I've got about 2 tumbler loads left to do. I've been wet tumbling them and sorting by head stamp and my whole floor is covered in coffee cans of 9mm's. I have found a bunch of 380's and a few 9 X 18's in the mix.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll spend the afternoon depriming, tumbling and sorting brass. I have one more batch of 9mm brass left to do from those 2 20mm ammo cans that I started on a while back. Then a few 40's and 45's.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sounds good lightman....I've been in the shop pouring cores for 224. Earlier today I annealed about 2k pieces of 22lr brass that I de-rimmed yesterday....was more of a wash/anneal/de-rim/wash procedure. This afternoon I'll swage the cores and maybe even get around to core seating them. Off tomorrow, so I'll finish up with about 2k bullets....just had a small bin of 22lr brass and wanted to get it processed.

I still need to pour about 1k 9mm 124gr'ers....and about 2k 240gr 45Auto. If I get real bored this week...I'll pour some 230gr .308's for some subsonic 300blk.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Woo Hoo!!! I finally finished up those two 20mm ammo cans of 9mm brass that I've been working on for so long! I deprimed, tumbled, sorted all of them and then resized the ones that I plan to keep. Sometimes I think the little buggers breed if not kept separated. I also culled the berdan primed ones, any cases with severe bulges or dents and any that did not polish up well. I found several 380's mixed in and a few 9 X 18's. Now, on to the next project!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    heh...if they did breed....I'd put a few of each caliber in a warm and soft ammo can in a dimly lit area and let them get to making babies. If I put a 45 and a 9mm in a can...will I get some baby 40's?

Today...I must drive up to Cabela's and look around...get out of the house...and maybe find some Varget, H1000, RL26, and maybe some primers. Then maybe tomorrow in the reloading room I can load up about 1k 5.56, a handful of 308 and 8mm....and start working on a 300PRC load.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yesterday I deprimed, tumbled and sorted brass. I also went through my "odd" box looking for a selection of stuff to send to a new collector on another forum. Today and tomorrow I'll start loading some 223 ammo.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Sized, trimmed some 30 Carbine, 300 Blackout and 308, cleaned sorted and put them in zip lock bags, probably 2-3 thousand pieces of brass. Loaded up some 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Finally throated the 45 AR and got it running great. Now I have about 3-4 thousand 223 to size, trim and clean.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I really like the frankford arsenal trim and prep center for 223. It’s alright for 300aac, but you almost have to use pliers or something to hold the cases.

I haven’t really done much of anything, reloading or otherwise, the last few days. We had to have my favorite dog put to sleep Friday and it has hit me pretty hard. I’m starting to feel a bit better, so I might make it to the bench sometime soon.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sorry to hear that Mbaker78.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Mat, sorry to hear about your dog, they are so much a part of the family. I believe that they own us, not the other way around. David

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, sorry to hear about your dog. They earn a spot in our heart thats hard to fill.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I had to put down my 10 year old german shepherd last year after he developed a degenerative neurological disease called degenerative myelopathy. It causes the loss of movement of his back legs. I bought him an expensive wheelchair and he lasted another 8 months, but when he started to get bed sores on his hips I knew I had to put him to rest. It's really tough. I still think about him every day and I often have dreams about him.

When I'm gone, release me, let me go.
    You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears.
    You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.
    Grieve for me a while, if you grieve you must then let your grief be comforted by trust.
    And then when you must come this way alone,
    I'll greet you with a lick and bark, "Welcome Home."

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    I don't post often but I do check this site regularly. I can appreciate what you feel Mbaker and SafetyJoe. Last year we had to put our 17 year old Springer down. He was my buddy and we went on many tromps in the field after birds. I miss him still.

"The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog."

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts and words. Though I know we’re not supposed to have favorites, he was definitely my favorite of the pack. We think he was a Malamute and Great Pyrenees mix, but we aren’t sure, the rescue we got him from said he was a wooly coat husky but the fact that he was 125lbs makes that hard to believe. He was the largest, yet the most laid back of the group, and I miss him terribly.

1704FEB5-5C86-4421-82CB-4AE5C659FC52.jpg
    Left to right: Armani, malamute/great pyrnees (passed); Makia, Akita/husky (11 years old); Barrett, unknown mix (5 years old, named after the football player, not the gun unfortunately); Lala, full blooded german shepherd (3 years old next month, named by a 4 year old in her previous family)

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well it started raining yesterday and stormed most of the night. Everything around here is good and wet! I'll spend most of the day in the loading room. I've got to go through my odd loaded cartridges and send a package off to a new collector on another site. I need to finish loading enough 223's for a Prairie Dog hunt. And I need to get out to the shop and finish digging through 3 buckets of mixed lead type. I promised a member on yet another board that I would look for a few letters that he needs for a personal project. Its kind of fun looking at all of the odd letters but its hard on the ole finger tips!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well it seems it will rain today in N. KY...so I'll load up some 223. Yesterday I cranked out a few thousand boolits I swage'd from 22lr. Some 60gr I made from a set of Corbin dies. I only have about 500 pieces of 5.56 Lake City brass remaining...I should finish that up today and maybe start pouring some more 45 Auto....or 9mm until I finish loading the few thousand pieces of brass I have in each caliber.

It's funny....a few months ago I was completely caught up...I had zero pieces of brass to reload...and then after a few trades and a few trips to the range...I'm over whelmed again.