Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That sounds like a nice set up. My job for today is probably going to be keeping a fire going for Mama and Missy, my 14 year old rescue Cat. I may work on depriming that other 20mm ammo can of 9mm's. It took me 3 or so days to work through that other one.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    really wish i could post the pics of the bench, but every time i try, it uploads to 100% then says "upload has failed"

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Samo samo, depriming brass, tumbling brass and sorting brass. I'm down to about a 20mm ammo can of 9mm's. I think those little suckers breed!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Back to depriming and tumbling brass. I should finish with those 9mm's today. I'm finding some odd stuff mixed in with them, 32 autos, 9 X 18's, 38 S&W and a few 40's. Just like a box of chocolate!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I received the missing parts and instructions for my RCBS APS hand priming tool in the mail yesterday, so I fooled around with it a little today. I took out the large primer seater using the little removal tool and then replaced it. Other than getting some of the strips I ready to try out this hand primer.

I also looked over some range brass that I have in preparation for trading them.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacomdiver View Post
    really wish i could post the pics of the bench, but every time i try, it uploads to 100% then says "upload has failed"
    The pixel count is the likely problem.
    Back away from the subject and then zoom in on it.
    The picture will be a little grainy but you won't have to resize to get a lesser pixel count.
    Benny

223 Rem, 7mm Rem Mag, 30 Carbine, 300 AAC, 30-30 Win, 308 Win, 30-06 Spr, 303 Brit, 458 SOCOM, 45-70 Govt.
    25 ACP, 32 S&W Long, 38 Spl, 357 Mag, 44 Spl, 44 Rem Mag, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 454 Casull.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Tumbled and sorted 4 batches of 9mm cases yesterday and will start again today after breakfast. 4 batches made a dent in a 20mm ammo can but I still have a few days to go! I'm still finding the stray 380 or 9 X 18 mixed in.
    Last edited by lightman; 02-18-2019 at 04:05 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    From recent trades...today was .308 day. Lubed, sized, and then trimmed about 400 pieces of brass...then primed 200 of them and I've loaded 100 with some 175SMK's and 44.8gr of Varget seated to a depth my gun loves. I should have all of them done before going to bed. Tomorrow will be 45ACP day. I have about 500 pieces of 45ACP brass to process and load tomorrow.

It is taking me a little longer today with the 308...due to the fact I'm mic'ing every step, every piece...weighing each charge....weighing each brass...weighing each bullet...This weekend I intend to have a nice sit down data session at the shooting bench. Hopefully come warm weather...I'll be ready to at least not embarrass myself at 1000+ yards.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I didn't do this in the reloading room, but I made it to the range today and shot a friend's new Glock G42. I put 100 rounds through it. It's accurate, but I did have 1 failure to feed and 3 failures to extract. I don't know how much of this is due to it being new or perhaps I was limp-wristing some shots, as it has been a while since I have shot one of these small .380s. We also shot a SIG P239. I put 56 rounds through it myself. Four of those 56 were my reloads (I didn't want to shoot anymore because I didn't have my chronograph on hand to check velocities). I had good luck recovering my brass, too, finding all but 4 pieces.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There is rain and T'storms forecast all day here so I'll probably tend the fire and mess with those 9mm's again. Tumble, dry, sort, over and over. When I finish these 9mm's I have 38's and 357's to do and then I think my brass stash will be in order!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was going to load some 45acp today...but finally opened the email from aimsurplus and saw they had amend2 M2 5.56 30rd mags on sale for $6.95...show room sale only....so...showered...now I gotta get in the car for the 45mile journey north to buy 20 of them....plus some fat50 cans to store my recent loads in...and hell...while I'm out..I'll swing by Cabelas and pick up some more Varget...so primers....and see what else I can throw money at.

Oh...and in the parking lot...I'll get me a burger from johnny rockets....they taste like what steak and shake used to taste like back in the day....

So...not much in the loading room....because I'll be in the car most of the day.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Back to tumbling 9mm's today. I did 4 loads yesterday, about 4800, and hope to do that many today. Man there are a lot of different headstamps in 9mm!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    If I knew you’d be that close, we could’ve met up for that trade

Got in another batch of parts from Lee, so I’ll likely swap out the last couple worn items on the loadmaster that need replaced. Then this weekend I plan on making a serious attempt at getting a casting bench set up in the garage.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did a dry run with the RCBS APS strip loader to see just how it works.

So what's this primer tape they speak of in the instructions?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    I did a dry run with the RCBS APS strip loader to see just how it works.

So what's this primer tape they speak of in the instructions?
    It’s the large white stickers that come with new packs of strips. You can fit 4 strips on one sticker, if you so choose.

It’s debatable whether they actually do any good. I just use them to keep track of the loaded strips.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not in the loading room but I'll sort a bucket of wheel weights that showed up in my driveway yesterday. I'll probably take a couple dozen donuts by the tire shop early this morning for the guys. I'm probably past the point where I need them but free lead, delivered, ain't to be sneezed at!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Well, I’m trying to build up a collection of lead for when I finally start casting. If you want to share the wealth

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mbaker78 I can always hook you up with some lead muffins for a trade in brass....I need to head up to Cabelas soon anyway.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Starting off a lazy Sunday but I've already put a batch of brass in the tumbler. Really hoping to finish the 9mm today. Been working on them a couple of weeks and I'm about ready to move on to something else!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Absolutely nothing for a few days. We are starting a kitchen remodel tomorrow and I've been busy emptying cabinets and toting boxes down to the spare bedrooms. I've always felt fortunate that I have a dedicated loading room in the house but its close enough to the kitchen that its going to catch some of the overflow for a few weeks.

I'm hoping to come in under budget enough to build some cabinets in my room. I have a nice sturdy bench but I'm lacking in the storage area.