Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I got tired of fighting the case feeder on my loadmaster (I had it running smooth for about 20 minutes) so I decided to modify it so that it’s somewhat manual.

I put in a small stop to keep the case slider from coming completely off the end, used a rubber band for an automatic retractor (I’ll likely swap in a spring later). And now I just tap the case slider forward when the handle is fully upward and the next case is ready to go.

No permanent modifications to the press, so I can revert to the finicky case feeder whenever I want to.

I deprimed a few hundred cases after the modification and it went much quicker than it did beforehand.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I drove out to a public range that I have not been to in several years. I bought a year-long pass for it yesterday and wanted to make sure I remembered how to get there. Also, it was an opportunity to drive my son around (which usually puts him to sleep and this time was no exception) and give my wife some time by herself. I easily found my way and while I was there I noticed some .30 Carbine and .300 Blackout brass on the ground. I forgot my brass bucket but picked them up anyway. I didn't quite get through before the baby woke up and, I think since he didn't see me close by, started crying. I hot-footed it to the truck to check on him, thus ending my little excursion. Nevertheless, I ended up with 16 FC .300 Blackout and 10 Aguila .30 Carbine.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I still have not done much of anything lately. I was busy planting Sunflowers for a Dove hunt that I host every year. After that I've been helping a buddy work at a Duck club. That Duck Club does have a private range and I picked up some brass at it the other day. I may get around to washing and sorting it today.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Had my neighbor over to get him some experience on how to do some .223 reloading. Got through about 100 rounds. We had visited 9mm reloading about a month ago.
    Last edited by curt48mauser; Yesterday at 07:00 PM. Reason: Gammer

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I hand primed 1000 pieces of 40s&w brass the other day. My hand is still sore from that...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I hand primed 1000 pieces of 40s&w brass the other day. My hand is still sore from that...
    The new lee bench primer works good.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SafetyJoe; Today at 06:30 AM.