Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A new "what are you doing in the loading room today" thread

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pouring 124gr 9mm, 230gr .308 for 300blk subsonic, 45 Auto.....powdercoating everything.....sizing....and then load everything up.

My goal today is to not have a single piece of loadable brass remaining...

My goal tomorrow is to go to the range and make more reloadable brass

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I haven't done much in a week or so. I've been working on getting some Sunflowers planted for the Dove Hunt that I host in September and we have been at the Ball Park a lot on weekends. The oldest Grandson in on a couple of different teams.

But I got to get busy this week. I'm leaving out Saturday on a Prairie Dog hunt and could stand having a few hundred more loaded rounds.

I did get the ground worked up, sprayed and planted Friday. Just in time to catch some rain! Yea!!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I finally sorted through the brass from my range trip a few weeks back. I am starting to think that it actually does mate I have almost another quart baggie full of 9mm, and I don’t even own anything in 9mm...

Maybe this is the sign to convert my M&P40 to 9mm and build a 9mm AR.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I finally sorted through the brass from my range trip a few weeks back. I am starting to think that it actually does mate I have almost another quart baggie full of 9mm, and I don’t even own anything in 9mm...

Maybe this is the sign to convert my M&P40 to 9mm and build a 9mm AR.
    Just buy a 9mm barrel. With the M&P 40 you can simply drop in a new barrel and run the same magazines...everything works great except that last round may not feed....depends on the mag though. I run my 9mm 124gr truncated cone powder coated bullets in my M&P 40 with a simple barrel change....and they run great. Super cheap too.

I technically don't currently own a 9mm...but I've shot over 1k rounds of 9mm through the 40 this year...and I've loaded up maybe....5k rounds of 9mm in the last few weeks. I still have a few thousand 9mm brass that I may load...or use as jackets for my 40 S&W BTSniper swaged boolits.

My three day weekend has consisted of shooting a lot of 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP, 300blk, 308Win, 5.56, and 8mm....I think I may have to go buy more primers next week....completely out of SPP...except for 100 magnums....completely out of LPP....and almost out of SRP....but I have a crap ton of LRP.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I added a picatinny rail mount to a friend's AR so he can mount a Caldwell brass catcher to it and easily recovery his brass. .223/5.56 brass is pretty easy to find at the range, but he wants to recover and use the brass fired from his gun. I think he's going to convert some to .300 Blackout. I got to use my MTM Gun Vise for the first time, too, while putting on the mount.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Note regarding using 5.56 NATO brass for 300 blackout:

300 Blackout spec calls for neck thickness to be .015".

300 Blackout brass can be made by cutting down 5.56 NATO brass. ONLY 5.56 Nato brass is made with the sidewalls (in the area where the cut is) at .015" . Commercial 223 Remington is thinner in that area, running .011" to .013". So, commercial brass will nver meet the spec for 300 Blackout. Therefore, only ever use 5.56 NATO head stamped brass for making 300 Blackout.

Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    I added a picatinny rail mount to a friend's AR so he can mount a Caldwell brass catcher to it and easily recovery his brass. .223/5.56 brass is pretty easy to find at the range, but he wants to recover and use the brass fired from his gun. I think he's going to convert some to .300 Blackout. I got to use my MTM Gun Vise for the first time, too, while putting on the mount.
    Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    Author of a book on reloading

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Every time I go to my local cabelas they’re completely out of CCI SR primers (400?)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Every time I go to my local cabelas they’re completely out of CCI SR primers (400?)
    heh...I hope you didn't go to my Cabelas...I just cleaned them out of CCI SRP, LRP, LPP, and SPP...

Anything that goes through the progressive press gets CCI...they machine the best...with the vibratory primer tube filler....the CCIs are flawless...the Federal Match....not so much.