Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gandog56

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Gandog56

I've been in contact with Gandog56. Some of you may remember him recently posting about some health issues. He's been having a tough time of it. Tumors in his back are causing him some serious pain and mobility problems. He's been in the hospital, has been in a coma, and has been in ICU. He's now out of ICU and has been moved to a nursing home and is facing lots of physical therapy. He's still in a lot of pain.

Please keep him and his Family in your thoughts and prayers. Maybe post a friendly Hello and let him know that we're thinking of him.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Wishing him as speedy of a recovery as can be had.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hate to hear this. I wish him a quick recovery.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    yeah hope he gets well soon and get back into that reloading shed he just built

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    More bad news. I was complaining I was spitting out acid. it turned out I was literal. An ulcer opened up in my stapled up stomach, (probably from my years of GIRDS) and started bleeding freely away. I was throwing pure acid and blood back up my throat. back to the hospital went for more surgery. Woke up with a tube down my throat, couldn't talk, had no idea what happened, finally got it all explained to me. Couple more days here and back to nursing home.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You have really had a tough time of it. Thinking of you and hoping you improve soon.
    Last edited by lightman; 10-07-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    And bad stuff keeps happening. Looks like a week in the hospital, Instead of a few days. Ulcer was spitting blood in my stomach.
    Last edited by gandog56; 10-06-2018 at 08:39 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Its got to get better! Still thinking of you.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BREATHE
    RELAX
    PATIENCE
    HEAL

Hoping that you heal fast, my friend.

I have, as many of you know, the rarest of all of the cancers, Multiple Myeloma. (It's a bone marrow cancer, no cure. If you take ALL of the other cancers, and add them up, this is less than 1% of that.) Not trying to steal any of Gandog's show. Not at all. Just trying to demonstrate to gandog that even the worst possible scenarios can be overcome. I am still shooting, reloading, casting, and swaging jacketed bullets. That (and my kids who love me very much) keeps me going. Not sure how much longer I have on this planet (or any other planet), but I pray that we all stay around a bit longer to make a difference.

So, Gandog, wishing you all the best. Hoping that you are in an amazing medical facility. If not, get your butt to one of the best. I have my oncologist, one of the country's leading research doctors (specifically for Multiple Myeloma) at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. Let me know if I can offer suggestions for miracle type treatment centers. There are only a handful in the whole country. Mayo (which also has it's home in Minnesota) is one of the best of those.

Prayers from Florida.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I'm still here, but it's like setback after setback to get out. I got pneumonia AGAIN. But another massive infusion of antibiotics seems to be taking care of it. On the other hand, physical therapy did get me to stand up three times and take a couple steps. Still can't put any real weight on my left leg though.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Hang in there gandog56. Hope you have a fast and complete recovery and get home soon.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hang in there, it sounds like you're making progress. Still thinking of you.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Back to the nursing home, but I didn't do a whole lot since it was two days of weekend and a mostly day of evaluating where I am today.No standing but a bit of bed edge sitting.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That sounds like improvement to me. Congratulations! Every step forward, even baby steps, are good. Thanks for keeping us informed. You and your family are still in our prayers.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    And back to the hospital again. I started coughing up copious amounts of blood, again. They got the bleeding stopped but constant pain and the only anti-pain medicine the doctors will give me is hydrocodone, which does pretty much nothing for the nerve pain. It will be Monday at least before they may send me back to the nursing home. I am in desperate need to try immunotherapy to try to beat the cancer, but they won't treat me unless I can somehow get to their office. Which I can't do right now. I am hoping I can at least get into a wheelchair and hire a wheelchair van to get me there.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Wow, you are really overdue for some good news! Still thinking of you, hang in there.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Had to go back to the hospital a THIRD time because I started coughing up blood again. They scoped me and tied off a blood vessel that started to bleed again. About due now to go back to the nursing home. Some good news though, physical therapy came by yesterday and I was able to sit on the edge of the bed and satand up. Wasn't able to stay up long yet but I sat back down, rested some, and got up and stood again for a bit. They wanted me to try to take a few steps but that was not happening yet. Soon hopefully

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thats great news! Been worried about ya. Keep getting better! Stay in touch.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Physical therapy again today. Got up to six steps once, but that was about it. Got up from sitting position on the edge of the bed and stood three times. They had me stand and rock back and forth the third time because it was hurting me to walk again. Did a few exercises more sitting on the edge of the bed after. I am getting a little stronger and doing a little more each day.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thats good news. Progress for sure. Hang in there, we're thinking about you.