Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gandog56

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Back to the hospital again. Got the now familiar heartburn and nausea associated with the coughing and throwing up blood again. This time I gt to the hospital BEFORE I did. They almost weren't going to admit me until they found I also had another bladder infection, too.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Man! You have been through the ringer! I've been at deer camp and out of touch. Hoping that you are much better by now. Thinking of you.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Back to a nursing home again, where they've already messed something up. My automatically inflating air mattress bed is malfunctioning. And since I got here late Friday maintenance had already gone home and won't be back till Monday, and of course they can't find me a regular mattress to swap out with it.

My butt is aching bad, I can feel a bed sore forming.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Back to the nursing home sounds like improvement. Hopefully they can get your bed sorted out soon. Thinking about ya, keep your spirits up.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    And back to the hospital again! This time my feeding tube became blocked and they could not flush it out at the nursing home. I ended up getting the whole dang tube replaced because the nursing home did NOT flush it out enough after they fed me and gave my my meds through it. So when I got discharged from the hospital I said the heck with it and just went home this time. I DID flush thoroughly and I lasted a whole two days before back to ER I went, coughing up blood again for the fourth time. Currently still there, they are going to run a camera down my throat to see if they can determine why.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just coming home from deer camp again and reading this. Hang in there Bro, its gotta get better. Thinking of you and yours and sending prayers.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Well, the last three months I have been in the nursing home or back in the hospital. Every time I would go back I to the nursing home I would either start throwing up blood or my feeding tube would develop a total blockage. The last time in I said the heck with it and just went back home. Haven't had either event happen since. Cause/effect? I'm not sure. Anyways made it to my first immunotherapy session. They pumped four bags of stuff into me. Only side effect so far is I'm seeing so far is I sure seem to be peeing a whole lot lately. Like twice a week I get physical therapy, twice a week I get occupational therapy. I got a girl that comes in and helps me in the shower. But the people who supply my food and accessories for my feeding tube constantly mess up. They gave me the wrong feed twice in a row. They keep giving the wrong feed bag setup kits. I have a dual bag setup, it delivers both food and water through a pump to me. They keep sending me single bag setups, which only have a single food bag.up getting single food bag, nothing for water. The food pump won't work for the wrong bag setup, both have have to be there. And then there is the liquid food. They somehow assumed I was supposed to be getting 100 ml/hour feed rate. So they kept giving me 1 calorie a ml food. Now twenty years ago I had a stomach bypass, l don't have a normal size stomach. I could only withstand a 30 ml/hour rate. So the doctor decided they would try to up it to a 52 ml/hour and 18 hours a day on the machine on 2 calorie a ml food. So I am now getting 1872 calories a day. Before I was only getting 540 calories a day, I was basically on a starvation diet. Anyways my stomach seems to be taking the upper rate OK so far. Now if the immunotherapy works maybe I'll be shooting again in the not so distant time.
    Last edited by gandog56; 12-07-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That sounds like good news so far. Still thinking about you and praying for you. Try to keep your spirits up and stay in touch.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Cappie, you are in my prayers and it does sound like some good news, David.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Kind of worried about our Friend. He hasn't posted since the 7th. Hope he's doing ok.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Anyone heard from gandog? Hope you're ok Buddy!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Any word on gandog 56?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Not a word. I still have his address from a trade so I may write to him. Getting concerned about him.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    He has a Facebook account, but hasn’t posted anything public since April of last year.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I guess I cleaned out my inbox and lost his address. Do any of you by any chance have his address from a trade? I sent a private message that has not been answered yet.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    lightman, I tried sending you his email via PM but your inbox is full.

I went ahead and sent him a very brief email. I'll let y'all know if I get a reply.
    Last edited by WarEagleEd; 02-08-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks! I cleaned it out. Hope the ole boy is ok.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did get a reply from gandog56. He said his current treatment has him either in the bed or at the doctor's office, doesn't sound like there is any time at all for doing fun stuff.

Ed

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks, I've been worried about him. He's had a rough time of it.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yep, I'm still kicking. But I am back at the hospital yet again. since I've been getting antibiotic after antibiotic, I have a fungal infection in my bowels that has given me excessive diarrhea over the past 14 days. I am so weak and dehydrated I could no longer get out of bed and get to my bedside commode in time. So now at least hospital staff gets to clean me off instead of my poor family members. This is day one of a planned ten day stay.