Thread: I Might Need Some Prayers

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

I Might Need Some Prayers

All of a sudden I have developed a very bad pain from my butt all the way down my left leg. I got a shot of cortisol ion tt my butt, and it seemed to go away. Then about a month later the pain returned. Went to the doctor and he did give me another shot, but this did nothing for the pain, so He ordered an MRI. MRI showed a mass impinging on my L4 vertebrae, which is probably pinching my sciatic nerve. I am going to see a neurosurgeon the 23rd. If this is cancer, it will be my fourth one, so I m praying it's just a benign tumor. I still have all my hair despite three former chemo therapies. I don't want to be bald!
    Last edited by gandog56; 08-12-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Will pray of you. Hoping things work out for the best.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sending positive thoughts your way. But on a side note, bald isn’t so bad, I haven’t had to use shampoo or pay for a haircut in 8 years...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Prayers from Florida.

I have the rarest of the cancers, Multiple Myeloma. No cure, only keeping it in remission through drug trials keeps me going.

Hope you are OK, and heal fast, whatever it is.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Cappie, we will include you in our prayers. David

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I hope all goes well.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finally went to the local ER because of my pain, which is aggravated by sitting, I have to lay down to ease the pain. 4 HOURS later they put me in a wheelchair with me screaming in pain to get in it, to go down half the hospital and tell me to get on this bed. The bed was high, I an short, no offer to help me. N0re screaming in pain while I do so. Then they send me a PA, not a doctor. But somehow she finally gives me a shot of morphine which makes me know it still hurts, but heeeeeey who cares? She gives me a prescription for two morphine pills a day.
    here's my dilemma, each pill only lasts about 6 hours tops, I save one when I go to bed to sleep all night without pan constantly waking me up. So I try to take the first pill as late as I can. Called the hospital, they tell me my doctor has to do it. Call my doctor, nurse tells me he does not prescribe morphine, period! So I have to spend a large portion of day in pain, and it's still 4 more days to see the neurologist,

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Really hate hearing that. It seems that those that abuse these drugs make it harder on those that really need them. Hope your appointment goes well.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you considered going to an acupuncture doctor? I went to one when the Doctors wanted to cut open my knee. The acupuncture gave me time to heal in peace and no surgery. sometimes cutting isn't needed.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Sadly Cappi passed away back in May. RIP buddy!