Thread: Rant Time!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

Rant Time!

Photobucket and their new policy. I had about 120 photos stored in a photobucket account. Suddenly, with absolutely no warning, Photobucket decides they want to charge their users $400 to host their pictures to a third party. I have photobucket pics posted all over the Internet, now all they see is this:
    bwe.jpg So then I tried to download MY OWN pictures back to my computer, and I get the same third party thing. So basically, photobucket kidnapped my pictures and are holding them for ransom. Blackmail and kidnapping.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You can't download your own pictures to your computer? That's odd. Did they recently change their users policy/agreement? Maybe some people were using it as photo storage and not "hosting" and this is their way to stop that practice, though you should have been given notice and allowed a period of time in which to retrieve your photos from the site.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    You can download your photobucket album. It comes as a zip file. I have the same problem.
    Load and shoot: 6.5mm (Dutch, Jap., Carcano, Swede), 7x57, 7.35 Carcano, 7.5mm (Mas, Swiss), 303 British, 7.65x53, 7.7 Jap, 7.62x51, 30-06, 8x50R & 8x52R Siamese, 30-40 Krag, 8x57, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 8x 56R, 30 Carbine, 450/577 Martini, 300 Win Mag, 45 LC.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd wondered why I'd started seeing those in people's posts. I guess they want the $400.00 in Bitcoin?....Oh wait, that was those other guys.....

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LEP View Post
    You can download your photobucket album. It comes as a zip file. I have the same problem.
    How? And I don't have Winzip or anything

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Windows has a built in .zip extractor. Just right click on the file and it should have an extract option.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    My problem is I right click on a picture in my library, I don't get any extract option. I go to my library and double click on a picture to make it big, I get the third party notice on like 3/4 of my pictures.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Just sent Photobucket a message that I want MY pictures that I took with MY camera back, so I can delete my account with them. I found a new hosting place that works well and is FREE!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They deleted any pictures that I ever posted on the internet. I join another site but they have a different way of posting pictures that I have not figgered out yet. Technology sucks sometimes!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Well, after three emails to Photobucket, they finally put in a temp code that let me upload them back into my computer. They can go whistle for any more business from me. I copied all my pics to ImgBB. I'm leaving my old ones still in Photobucket just to suck up their bandwidth, and take up some of their storage space.