Thread: My Collection

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

My Collection

Guys, Im a rookie at collecting but I have started a collection of fired cases and cartridges. I just completed a trade with Gandog56 ( Thanks my Friend) for a few cases. This is a picture of the display that I built to hold my collection.

This is my trade with Gandog56.

You can find my thread about my collection on the castboolits site under "our town" with a list on my cases. If any of you have anything that I do not have I would be interested in trading with you. I will welcome donations or I will gladly trade brass with you with the trade slanted in your favor.
    Last edited by lightman; 01-16-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice collection and display case.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks! Just something that I wanted to do but never had the time for until I retired.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Can you provide a link to your thread over on Cast Boolits? I didn't see it on the first 3 pages of threads. I might have a case or two you can use.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't know how to post a link but its in "Our Town", and is currently on the 4th page. Thanks for looking, I appreciate any help.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I have 585 Nyati, 458 Lott. 50 Beowulf, 450 Bushmaster and 50 GI if you are interested.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, I'm very interested! Is there anything in my trades that you are interested in? Sending you a PM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Crapola, I took the Lee Enfields out, but none of the reloads I shot were the odd brands. What can I say, have to shoot the oldest stuff first. Lot of PPU, a WW Super. I had a bag of some oddball stuff I never shot, just picked up at the range, but I don't remember anything too odd there, either. Do you have any 7.62 Nagant cases?
    Last edited by gandog56; 02-08-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes, I do have a Nagant case. Thanks!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Found the thread and looked at your list of cartridges that you already have. I don't have a single case that you don't already have.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for looking. I appreciate you interest and effort! Going to hit a Gun Show in a few weeks and will be on the look-out. This show is sponsored by the Gun and Cartridge Collectors Association and is usually good for a few additions to the collection.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just got a care package today from HappyGuy ( Thanks My Friend) with a 458 Lott, a 585 NYATI, A 50 Beowulf and A 450 Bushmaster.

Thanks HappyGuy!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is an old thread, but I just started my own collection of cases and cartridges.
    None of your old photos show any longer. Interested in seeing how u attached the brass to the display.

I'm thinking of a few different options, involving a shadow box style frame/case:
    1) Glue magnet to bottom of brass case, and make shelves in shadow box with stris of thin steel on top of shelves.
    2) Remove primers,and use #4 sheet metal screws, 1/2" long, up through wood shelf, into flash holes.

What worked for you?

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've been thinking of simply hotmelting a magnet to the side of a brass case and attaching it where ever on my metal wall storage cabinets.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll try to get some new pictures posted soon. The frame is made from 1 X 4's with a 1/4inch plywood back and has adjustable glass shelves. I just stand the cases on the shelves. And they do fall off occasionally. It would work better if the shelves were tilted to the back, 30 or even 45º. There needs to be something to hold them.

We just finished a major kitchen remodel and I ended up with an upper cabinet with glass doors. I cut it down from 12 inches deep to 4 inches. I have not had the time to mount it yet but it will be my new display case.

I have had a lot of guys contribute to my collection and I owe the community something back. So, if you guys want to send me a list of what you have I'll look to see if I can send you'all something.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I'll try to get some new pictures posted soon. The frame is made from 1 X 4's with a 1/4inch plywood back and has adjustable glass shelves. I just stand the cases on the shelves. And they do fall off occasionally. It would work better if the shelves were tilted to the back, 30 or even 45º. There needs to be something to hold them.

We just finished a major kitchen remodel and I ended up with an upper cabinet with glass doors. I cut it down from 12 inches deep to 4 inches. I have not had the time to mount it yet but it will be my new display case.

I have had a lot of guys contribute to my collection and I owe the community something back. So, if you guys want to send me a list of what you have I'll look to see if I can send you'all something.
    Still waiting for new pics

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm in the final stages of completing a new display. We just recently finished a major kitchen remodel. All of the hammering, demo-ing, and door slamming knocked a lot of my cartridges off of the shelf. But, I salvaged A double overhead cabinet that I cut down from 12" deep to 4" deep and as soon as I get it stained I'll get some new pictures posted.

Its just been too hot lately!