I started looking for a K31 in all the common places. They where either overpriced or just not available. So I posted a WTB on a few boards and got a hit. A guy sent me pics of his 1911 long rifle. I was not real interested since the K31 was in my sights. However, I went and looked at his rifle... WOW what a gem. Absolutely a great looking firearm. Stock in excellent condition, the bluing was fully in tact and all the numbers matched. Barrel clean and bright. There was no importers info printed anywhere. He had brought some ammo along and we proceeded to take some shots. What a sweet shooting rifle for 101 years old. Bayonet, frog, muzzle cover and original owners name under butt plate.
Took it out to the range and did 100y and 200yard shots.... excellent groups. I am totally impressed with this rifle.
So then I got to looking for a carbine in the 1911 vintage. Found one (dated 1928) not quite a good a shape as the long rifle but still a keeper. Hard to decide which one shoots better.
I found some new PPU cases and 168g BTHP rounds for a good price. Not cheap to shoot but well worth the cost and effort.