Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Had It!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Well, my little brother who is the main builder of this thing finally got done with a roofing job he spent all week on, and we finished up the drywal. We started to prep the drywalls for painting but finally we got too tired and quit. I found a window air conditioner at a yard sale for $45 so we stuck that in, and it does work. Finish up the drywall prep, paint the interioir, put in a floor, and paint the exterior and it should be done.
    GEDC0025_zps6ajaapx5.jpg
    GEDC0026_zpsyehualzj.jpg
    GEDC0027_zpsomqexjw2.jpg
    GEDC0028_zpslww2dqrl.jpg

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Saw a new mini fridge at Kmart for $129, door has room for a couple 2 liter bottles of soda, and an ice making section. Can have a cool one as I work. but I think I will go out yard saling tomorrow and see if anybody has a cheap used one that works first. The Kmart one should be there at that price for a while.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Well, little bro is supposed to show up sometime today, and he told me last night we should be painting the inside by the end of the day.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Interior painting done, next step, flooring and molding.

GEDC0035_zpsnftpf4gq.jpg

GEDC0036_zpsuzjanqgb.jpg

GEDC0037_zpshqkujj4p.jpg

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That looks good!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Carpeted the loft, finished up the flooring, got about 2/3 of the baseboard done. Assembled my bench about 2" higher. Next steps, start looking for some shelving. Plan to have shelves on both sides of the bench. One for the loaded ammo, one for the brass and bullets waiting for reloading. Loft will be storage. The back of the bench will hold all my reloading dies, the top shelf will hold all my powders and primers. Put a UPS on the bench so if the power goes out at night I will still have lights. Got me an air purifier/ionizer. The air conditioner works good. I have the little ceramic heater unit that kept us warm last night.
    GEDC0038.jpg

GEDC0040.jpg

GEDC0039.jpg

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That looks really nice. You have a great little brother. All you need now is a TV and a recliner .

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    He also says to put a TV in there, but it is too much of a pain to do it. Besides, I already have two big screens in the house. Anyways we finished up all the baseboard, and made the widow and door all fancy looking. I had an old set of 2.1 amplified speakers from before I changed my desktop computer into a 5.1 sound card. So today I hauled my laptop to the shed, cued up some MP3 music, and them old speakers really made that shack rock. Also made sure the laptop ran on the house wireless OK. Set up a stone pathway from the patio to the shed so I would not track mud and grass on my new floor. Bought the exterior paint for the outside. Figured out what size bolts I need to mount my two presses on my bench. Speaking of my bench, I priced out what a new model of that bench costs. With the second shelf, florescent lamps, drawer, power strip, and lower parts bin rail options, it was well over 1200 bucks. And I picked it up on Craigslist for $160.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finally finished up the exterior today. Now I need to figure out what kind of shelving I want to put in, and start hauling all my reloading stuff in. Was too dark when we finished to take a picture, but here's one of when we first started doing it this yesterday morning.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think standing on the top platform of a ladder is an OSHA violation.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah, but that ain't me. Say hello to my little brother. Doing an 8 foot ladder job with a 6 foot ladder.
    Last edited by gandog56; 04-07-2016 at 05:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Painting all done, starting to transfer my junk.

Exterior_zps1aiuamwx.jpg

Inside_zpss1k8pvfb.jpg

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Looking good.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Got two shelves in, but it's one of thosw jobs where you need like 3 sets of hands to do. Waiting for my little bro to get some time to come over and help me install them. Once that happens, I will have to drag out all my reloaded ammo and reloading supllies out to it and I will be done.
    Last edited by gandog56; 07-30-2016 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Typos

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finally I am pretty much done building this thing. At about 10:30 PM I mounted my Lee auto-indexing turret press on the bench after I got done assembling two set of metal shelves. Now comes the hard part, humping all my already reloaded ammo and bullets and cases to the shed. Was way too tired to take pictures tonight, so I will post a couple tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Pics as promised.

Shelving.jpg

Bench II.jpg

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    looking good, so when are you gonna build the second one to store all that brass you've been hoarding?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Started humping ammo out last night. Whew I had a lot stashed. Pretty much went until I got all the pistol ammo done and was too too tired to continue. Supposed to go fishing today, my brother is down from Milwaukee, need to get him out in the gulf for the BIG ones! So rifle ammo will have to wait a bit. Found a spam can of Russian still in the box, I never even opened it yet. Must have been on sale from AIM.
    Last edited by gandog56; 04-03-2016 at 06:26 AM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Got all the old guncases stashed up in the loft. About all I need to do is haul out all my brass and lead, but I think I will need to build one more rack of shelves for the lead. After I get the little plastic shelves holdig all the brass in today need to measure the space I have agianst the last wall and figure out what kind and size of shelves I can fit in there. Gonna have to be sturdy ones, I have a LOT of lead bullets.

Then, I will be done, may even see if I would have any kind of space left for a little mini fridge in there. Then, I will need to christen this new bench and press and whip out a few rounds.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Built one more set of shelves, then started humping out the lead bullets and cases. Now I just need to straighten out everything and start making ammo again.

GEDC0059.jpg

GEDC0060.jpg

GEDC0061.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images