Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Received 5 pounds of cfe223. Where to start? I don't shoot 223!
    Load and shoot: 6.5mm (Dutch, Jap., Carcano, Swede), 7x57, 7.35 Carcano, 7.5mm (Mas, Swiss), 303 British, 7.65x53, 7.7 Jap, 7.62x51, 30-06, 8x50R & 8x52R Siamese, 30-40 Krag, 8x57, 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 8x 56R, 30 Carbine, 450/577 Martini, 300 Win Mag, 45 LC.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    You seem to shoot a lot if the weird ones instead.
    That reminds me, need to sight in my new AR scope and carrying handle.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Loaded some 50 Beowulf and then went to the range and shot them. Came home and loaded some more and now I can hear then calling. Maybe it is the 6.5 Grendel calling, no it is the 458 Lott, wait the 458 WM or maybe the 585 Nayti. Maybe I will just turn off my hearing aid and a good night to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Still trying to get my new reloading shed/Mancave set up the way I want it. Ordered a new Lee bench plate so I can swap out my Lee Turret Press with my Lee Challenger Press. Sometimes one is better than the other. For instance I cannot use my RCBS swaging dies with the turret press. I would rather use the Challenger when I am depriming cases in prep for wet rotary tumbling. Sometimes the Auto Indexing is NOT wanted.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Plan on going to the range tomorrow. So went through all my 6.5X57 brass ans I loaded up a bunch. I haven't shot my Swedish Mauser in a while. Going to sight in a new scope on my AR, and on my Saiga .223. Then we'll see which is more accurate, AR or AK. Plan to blow through a whole bunch of .223/5.56.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Came back from range yesterday. Was too tired to do much then, just got all the brass in my shed. This morning wet rotary tumbled a load of 6.5X57 brass. Broke me Lee decapper pin on my Universal decapper in Speer 357 SIG brass....AGAIN! (Darn Speer for puttting them tiny little flash holes in their 357 SIG brass anyways!) Odered a third party replacement, where the pin is tapered and rounded on the tip, maybe that will stop it from happening again. Had no decapper to decap all my .223/5.56 brass. (Which I had a ton of) Drying the 6.5X57 brass tonight and will sized and trim them tomorrow. Got another load of 10mm and .40 cal in the tumbler too. Man my Swedish Mauser is fun to shoot. Shot a LOT of rounds and my poor shoulder wasn't crying after like it does when I break out the Mosin Nagants and Steyr M95's.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You should look into the frankford Arsenal hand depriming tool. I have one and it's good for depriming while watching TV or whatever, and it uses the same pins as the Lee universal decapper

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had called Speer a few years ago, and they told me that they were buying the 357 Sig brass from lapua. Lapua is known for small primer flash holes.

Standard knock out pins are .047 diameter. You need something smaller, like .042 to solve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Came back from range yesterday. Was too tired to do much then, just got all the brass in my shed. This morning wet rotary tumbled a load of 6.5X57 brass. Broke me Lee decapper pin on my Universal decapper in Speer 357 SIG brass....AGAIN! (Darn Speer for puttting them tiny little flash holes in their 357 SIG brass anyways!) Odered a third party replacement, where the pin is tapered and rounded on the tip, maybe that will stop it from happening again. Had no decapper to decap all my .223/5.56 brass. (Which I had a ton of) Drying the 6.5X57 brass tonight and will sized and trim them tomorrow. Got another load of 10mm and .40 cal in the tumbler too. Man my Swedish Mauser is fun to shoot. Shot a LOT of rounds and my poor shoulder wasn't crying after like it does when I break out the Mosin Nagants and Steyr M95's.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I am tring some decapping pins from somebody called VGI. They fit the Lee universal decapper die and they are slightly tapered with a rounded end so they might work better. Ebay sells them but I can find NOTHING on the company (VGI) that sells them. We shall see if they work any better.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Huge pile of .223/5.56 being processed. Still finding cases I had stashed all over the house and trying to get them all in the new mancave.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have seen aftermarket decapping pins made by a company called "squirrel daddy" sold on amazon. I haven't used them yet though.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Feeling too lazy today to do any reloading. But thinking of going to the range Monday or Tuesday and get me a new pile of empties. Maybe make it Mauser day.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mauser Monday!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Feeling too lazy today to do any reloading. But thinking of going to the range Monday or Tuesday and get me a new pile of empties. Maybe make it Mauser day.
    Now that is a man with a plan, good one too.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Mauser Monday!
    Nah, has to be Tuesday. Remembered I have to go to Biloxi for a CAT scan Monday.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I did make it to the range today. Fired 8mm, 7.5 Swiss, 10mm, .357 mag, .38 spec.,.22, .308, .40 cal, and 357 SIG. Got all the dirty brass deporimed, have the first load in the wet rotary tumbler. Out of my 4 8mm Mausers, my K98 and one of my Yugo M48's are the most accurate.

Mauser Magic.jpg

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Take out the first load from the wet rotary, and put in the second, all the 10mm and .40 cal.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Decided to sort of clean up my empty cases. They were just piled up in a corner. Sorted through them all by caliber and headstamp. Labled the drawers and segregated them by caliber. Got way too may .40 cal and 9mm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    nust got this delivered by the brown truck.
    hope to start using it this week.

limage.jpg

sorry i do not know why the photo is on its side.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Making an Excel sheet for my Lee Auto Disk powder measure. I got the riser kit so I can use 2 disks at once and get 5 times the weight charges. Been a very long time since I worked with Excel, coming up with the formulas was crazy. Anyways I am taking each slot on each disk, throwing ten charges with it, and averaging the weight of the ten throws to figure out what each hole throws for the powder I am using. I do this for all the 6 holes in the four disks. Then I input them on the data base. Then I take each hole dimension, add the average powder charges one at a time, (eg, .30 + .30, .30 + .32) Put that formula on the sheet. Once I enter all the 24 single charge accuracies, I don't actually have to do it with every disk and every combination to figure out what the charge will be. So with every powder I input the 24, I have what should be correct throws for 185 different combinations, everything from .3 cc to 3.4 cc. So far I have done it for Blue Dot, Titegroup and HP-38. I still have to do the 24 initial charges for Red Dot, Unique, 800X, and HP4895