Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My resizing jig

I have a this expensive rig that I pieced together late one night for cutting my resized 30-30 brass to 30 Herrett. Do you think I could sell them? 50.00 each? It gets the brass AOL within a couple of turns on the trimmer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk357 View Post
    I have a this expensive rig that I pieced together late one night for cutting my resized 30-30 brass to 30 Herrett. Do you think I could sell them? 50.00 each? It gets the brass AOL within a couple of turns on the trimmer.
    Oh, yeah you could sell those jigs for $500 I bet. The difference between converting brass for 300 blk is that I usually convert several thousand and want a system that's easy and fast. The jig I use was only $15 on ebay and aside from having to tape a beer bottle top to the bottom on one side it's been great. I actually converted enough brass to wear out a few of the blades on the chop saw.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    At least $50.00, without the galvanized screws.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyJoe View Post
    Oh, yeah you could sell those jigs for $500 I bet. The difference between converting brass for 300 blk is that I usually convert several thousand and want a system that's easy and fast. The jig I use was only $15 on ebay and aside from having to tape a beer bottle top to the bottom on one side it's been great. I actually converted enough brass to wear out a few of the blades on the chop saw.
    I have cut close to 10k now and I'm still on my first blade... how many are you cutting in a sitting to go through a blade?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I have cut close to 10k now and I'm still on my first blade... how many are you cutting in a sitting to go through a blade?
    The spare blades I buy at harbor freight wear out faster than 10k rds. They will still cut when dull, but they are prone to binding and tearing the last edge of the brass while cutting through so I just swap out the blades so that wont happen and so I can cut faster. With a dull blade I have to cut 3 or 4 times slower otherwise the brass gets torn. I haven't counted the brass, but I guess it's around 5k and then I change the blade. Basically whenever it starts binding and tearing the brass I change the blade.