Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Right now, I have two presses mounted for that thing. Looks like it will soon be three.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have 3 presses on mounting plates for mine. I couldn't see paying money for a mounting system when I have a bunch of 3/4" plywood laying around.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I would have had some plywood I would have done that too but no place to put it and cut it it was easier to get the bench plate from Lee.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I definitely understand that, and it's probably a bit more sturdy than plywood. But I had plenty of scraps.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I made some empties at the range today. I also found some empty 7.62 X 51 and .243 Winchester cases.

Of course, the less fun part of going to the range is that the guns have to be cleaned, which I haven't done yet.

Ed

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagleEd View Post
    I made some empties at the range today. I also found some empty 7.62 X 51 and .243 Winchester cases.

Of course, the less fun part of going to the range is that the guns have to be cleaned, which I haven't done yet.

Ed
    Yeah, that do tend to get tiresome, especially if I was out under the sun a few hours frying at the range. But, when I shoot my misurp ammo in my Mosin Nagants, I really do not have the choice to put it off till later.
    Last edited by gandog56; 10-12-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Put a load of cases through the wet rotary tumbler and they are drying off. Got some .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, and .223.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Seems like my life has been all about sorting as of late. Me and a buddy bought 20 buckets of wheelweights. I've slowly been going through them.We have the option to go back for more, and plan to. Oh Boy! I also came into several tubs of used reloading gear, including a bunch of loaded ammo and brass. I've been pulling down the reloaded stuff (don't trust unknown reloaders loads) and sorting through mixed brass. Sort of feel like a quality control inspector!

Been pulling bullets, depriming cases with live primers, tumbling brass, ect for 3 or 4 days now. Keeps me off of the streets, I guess!
    Last edited by lightman; 10-15-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Been pulling bullets, depriming cases with live primers, tumbling brass, ect for 3 or 4 days now. Keeps me off of the streets, I guess!
    And the wife knows right where you are too.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    For sure! And she has let me know that she is tired of stuff being on the kitchen counter and in the sink!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    For sure! And she has let me know that she is tired of stuff being on the kitchen counter and in the sink!
    One of the reasons I built my reloading shed, so I am out of momma's hair.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I enjoyed following the progress of your shed. I have a dedicated room in the house but I use the bar area in the kitchen sometimes for sorting, drying brass, ect. She only fusses when it goes on for days and days!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just finished converting and loading (113pc ) 41 Swiss for my 78-81 vetterli.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I knocked the primers out of a small batch of .45 ACP range brass.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Just collected 142 pieces of 6.5X50 Japanese brass, to be used in the recent gift of a Type 38 Arisaka rifle. My very elderly buddy was among the first boots on the ground in Hiroshima after the end of the war. They had collected up all of the guns and swords, and as the Navy was getting the sailors and officers back on the boats for the ride home, they formed a line, and were offered a sword, pistol, or rifle as a war souvenir. And, I placed an order at castboolits for a 140 grain 6.5 MM five cavity mold. Can't wait for that to come in so I can assemble some of these and try the rifle out.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sorted through the brass from my last couple range trips. Pulled the trigger on a 458 socom barrel and handguard. Just need a bolt carrier group, gas system and charging handle and it'll be functional. So I guess I should try to get some brass and bullets for that.

Finished sorting through the roughly 1200 .224 soft points I got in trade. Most of them are 62gr, mixed about 60/40 between flat base and boat tail. A couple hundred 64gr flat base too. A handful of mixed FMJ, solid copper, and steel core too. Not too bad for brass that I didn't even need.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I set up the Forster case trimmer and had enough time to trim 10 .30-06 cases. Maybe I can take care of more than that tomorrow.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    IMG_2668.jpgI got the new lights up in my reloading room. I had a friend help me wire it so I can turn it on via a light switch. The lighting makes a big difference."!

IMG_2669.jpgIMG_2669.jpg

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Just got in a load of 8mm cases from a trade with Pacomdiver, so I will be decapping them and running them through the wet rotary tomorrow.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Have not been in the loading room much since deer season opened. Things are piling up though! There is a big tub of range brass to sort through and about 6 more buckets of wheelweights to sort. Then there is going to be a couple of days smelting! Since retirement, I have learned to save some of this stuff for the slow winter months!