Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    My problem with that is I rarely take only a few guns to the range. I usually take LOTS of guns of various calibers. So big army boxes stuffed with all the different calibers I take would be a little prohibitive. I usually take only maybe 100 rounds each.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh golly, I'd go through 100 rounds in 3 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    My problem with that is I rarely take only a few guns to the range. I usually take LOTS of guns of various calibers. So big army boxes stuffed with all the different calibers I take would be a little prohibitive. I usually take only maybe 100 rounds each.

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    That's the thing though, 3 minutes 20 guns. Plus the time waiting for range stops so I can post new targets, then waiting for the range to go live again, plus the hour drive to get to my range, and the hour drive back, then as soon as I get home, clean the guns, sort the spent brass, and start processing it. Makes for a pretty full day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am obviously blessed. My range is only 20 minutes from my home, and is a private range. There's no "stopping and starting" to deal with. When you are on the range, the range (shooting bays) is mine! I can draw from holster, engage as many threat targets as I want. And, if I can legally own it, I can shoot it at the range.

MY Gun Range

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah, my range is good for anything BUT tracer/incendiary and .50 BMG. Plus they have a 1000 yard range. Full auto? No problem. Tannerite?...OK if you follow a few simple rules such as warning the other shooters there will be a big boom.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Went to a gun show today. I pretty much only looked at one gun, a Remington 1911 10mm, but while I was there I got a 1 lb. jug each of Hodgdon Varget and Hodgdon H110. Then I bought a bag of 240 .40 cal. 160 grain SP's. When I got home, 4 new Ruger 10 round .22 LR magazines for my Mark IV came in, so I tried out my new little handy tool to load the magazines up. Little sucker worked great, and it will ALSO fits my Browning Buckmaster magazines.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Started processing a second batch of 1000 223's. About 1/3 way through trimming them. Had to stop and rest the ole fingers! Since I retired my hands have gotten a little softer! Hopefully I'll finish trimming them today and possibly tumble them.
    Last edited by lightman; 06-23-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Deprimed all of my 458 socom and 45acp brass the other day, just need to get them in the tumbler.

Picked up a bond arms 38/357mag derringer that also came with a 22lr barrel and 50 rounds each of 38 and 357 mag. So now I’m going to have to get the stuff to load up 38spl at least, I doubt I’ll shoot much full power 357mag from it.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Still swapping out all my cardboard boxes for plastic ones. Finished up my 10mm today, still had one cardboard box of reloads left but no more plastic cases. I almost guessed right on the amount of plastic cases I needed for the 10mm. Tomorrow I get to stack all the newly loaded cases up by date on my ammo shelves. I think maybe Monday I may finally get my butt to the range weather permitting. Have to shoot that Ruger 10mm revolver I bought for the first time. As a matter of fact, I think it will bee 10mm day. Going to take ALL my 10mm's. That will be a LOT of 10mm cases to process when I get back. That would be:
    Dan Wesson Razorback 1911
    Rock Island 1911
    Fusion Firearms Hunter long slide 1911
    Mechtech CCU
    TNW Aero Survival Rifle
    Tanfoglio Full Steel Witness
    Ruger Super Redhawk 10mm

Was thinking I will take my Swedish Mauser and both my Lee Enfields, too.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Did go to the range. But it was really hot and muggy, so while I took all my 10mm's, I only took my Swedish Mauser 6.5mm. Started processing all the 10mm brass from my range trip.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Been back from a Prairie Dog trip for a week now. Started resizing and tumbling the brass that I shot. Since its gotten hot I started sorting through my brass stash again. De-priming and tumbling stuff that I forgot about having and looking for stuff to add to my trade list. I'm starting to think that 9mm's breed if not kept separated!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finally got done reboxing all my .38 special/.357 magnum reloads. All nice and new big old stickers indicating date made attached to the fronts where it's easy to see, with all the recipe information on new stickers on the tops. Now it's the turn of all my .45 cal stuff, but first I need to order some more plastic ammo boxes.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Finished up the 223's and started resizing the 38 supers in my stash. I forgot about the pressure that they work at and how hard they are to size. My end up lubing them.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Somehow on one of my brass scroungings at my range I ended up with a couple few .38 super cases, which I don't shoot. But with only 5-6 of them, ain't enough to trade for something else. Ordered a whole BUNCH of more ammo boxes today as I continue to swap out my old ragged cardboard ones out. Its .44 and .45 reloads turn next.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Loaded up the last of my 240gr subs for 300aac, and the last of my 300gr ballistic tips for 458 socom. Next I’ll switch the press over and load up some 223, but I need a place to store it once it’s loaded... I’m out of boxes and stripper clips :/

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Speaking of boxes, I just got a new load in. Transferring my .44 Russian, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, and .45 Colt to plastic boxes from cardboard ones.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Man! I have a LOT of .44 special, .44 mag, and .45 Colt. And when I am done with THAT I get to start on the .45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Loaded up some 137 grain homemade NOE powder coated lead bullets into 300 blk brass using alliant 2400 powder. Because I buy the 2 cent S&B primers from cabelas and buy my powder in bulk my total cost per shot is only 5.8 cents each. Not bad considering I'm getting over 1000 ft. lbs energy at the muzzle. Hornady ballistics calculator says the maximum supersonic range for this load is only 375 yds, but for under 6 cents per shot I'm happy with that.

6N0swvR.jpg
    Last edited by SafetyJoe; 07-07-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Loaded up just shy of 500 rounds of 223, 62gs SP. Had nowhere to put some of them, so I loaded up a handful of magazines. Not an issue with identification since each different caliber gets its own magazine type. Pmags for 223, lancer L5s for blackout, and metal GI mags for 458 socom.

Bent up the feed lips on my last 2 GI metal mags to help the socom feed.

Built a dedicated lower for the socom last week, so now I don’t have to swap them back and forth. Best part about it is that it was free, just worked a few hours in my buddy’s shop for the lower and parts I didn’t already have around.

Hopefully I will do some unloading this weekend, it’s been a while since I’ve had a good range day to pointlessly burn through some ammo.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Hopefully I will do some unloading this weekend, it’s been a while since I’ve had a good range day to pointlessly burn through some ammo.
    Me too, but I have not been well. I have bad pain running up my thigh into my butt on the right side. And MRI showed a mass pressing on my spine on the L4 vertebrae. And with my history of three prior cancers that ain't good. I have a lot of tests and stuff coming up, bone scans, biopsies, appointment to make with a neurosurgeon. But cie la vie. I finished up reboxing all my .44 and .45 Colt reloads. I have maybe 12 boxes to start on my .45 ACP, .40 Cal S&W, and 357 SIG, but will need a LOT more.