Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Just a heads up, grafs has $10 hazmat when you buy at least 4lb of powder.

I just ordered 3lb of TAC and 1lb of IMR4227, along with small and large pistol APS strips for my hand primer. From another site I ordered 1000 165gr HP xtreme .40cal bullets, 500 230gr HP xtreme 45cal bullets, and 500pcs of mixed 223 brass.

Once it gets here I’ll have plenty to last me a while.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Well, since we elected a Trump instead of a Clinton, I am pretty well stocked up on everything just in case she who would be empress was ever elected and caused widespread shortages like what happened every time Obozo got himself elected.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just finished sorting and washing the latest range brass haul. Lots of crusty, bent and corroded stuff thats been there all winter that probably is headed for the scrap barrel. I did find a few 308's and a few 10mm, a nice change from the usual 9mm, 40's and 223's. But plenty of them too!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I labeled containers of brass that had somehow avoided the labeling process in the past. That was it.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Better than me. I have been fighting a persistent pneumonia. I finished third course of antibiotics and the VA FINALLY sent me to see a real doctor after they got me a CT scan of my lungs. He said it is persistent to aspiration pneumonia, and he thought instead of the ten day courses of antibiotics, they are going to put me on a month long course. But I can't start the new course until I give them 3 sets of sputum samples. For three days, I have to hack up crap into some cups twice a day, turn them to the lab, THEN start the antibiotics. If they can't grow anything from the samples, they're talking about sending a tube down into my lungs to find the infection and take direct samples. I haven't even been inside my loading shed for a solid week.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Heads up, there's a great deal on primers at cabelas right now. S&B primers for $18.99 and there's a free shipping promo code for orders over $50, but you still have to pay the $20 hazmat fee.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/SELL...CK/2002898.uts

Feedback Score
    Whoa, great lead there Joe! Thanks! BTW, I checked with Cabela's to see if that was an online only or if it was good in-store too. The sale price is only for online and this is a Hotbuys sale that runs from 03/12/2018 to 03/13/2018.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I went to my local cabelas and they only had a couple boxes and it didn't ring up as the sale price, but I pointed that out to the cashier and she looked at the online price and then adjusted the price I had to pay down to the online sale price so even though it wont ring up as the sale price you can still get the sale price in the store if you point it out to the cashier.

Quote Originally Posted by knightflyer View Post
    Whoa, great lead there Joe! Thanks! BTW, I checked with Cabela's to see if that was an online only or if it was good in-store too. The sale price is only for online and this is a Hotbuys sale that runs from 03/12/2018 to 03/13/2018.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    From what I’ve heard, cabelas will always match their internet prices.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Deprimed and reamed (as needed) about 600 pieces of 223/5.56 range brass. I hate crimped primers...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Dillon super swager makes it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Deprimed and reamed (as needed) about 600 pieces of 223/5.56 range brass. I hate crimped primers...

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyJoe View Post
    Dillon super swager makes it easy.
    Had one, had a problem with overswaging, sold it and got a CH4D swaging set. The CH4D had an issue of mangling rims on 5.56 (I’m kind of hamfisted, I know), so I sold that and just use a Lyman reamer in a drill. It’s every bit as quick as the super swage was and about $99 less

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    RCBS makes a reamer that has an over travel stop. I use a ballistic tools swage gage when adjusting the dillon super swager and I also sort my brass by head stamp ahead of time. That way if I'm swaging lake city brass I can adjust the dillon super swage and it's good for all that lake city brass. If I switch head stamps I'll adjust it again for those.

Here's what that RCBS reamer looks like
    s-l225.jpg

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-remover-small

Had one, had a problem with overswaging, sold it and got a CH4D swaging set. The CH4D had an issue of mangling rims on 5.56 (I’m kind of hamfisted, I know), so I sold that and just use a Lyman reamer in a drill. It’s every bit as quick as the super swage was and about $99 less

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you have a bi-mart near you they have an ample anount of cci primers and zero hazmat fees. Good luck

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah, lots of stores will stock the CCI primers, but they usually cost around $30 per brick. That sale at cabelas was for only $18.99 per brick. That's probably close to 50% less than CCI primers.

Quote Originally Posted by HARDSHOOTER View Post
    If you have a bi-mart near you they have an ample anount of cci primers and zero hazmat fees. Good luck

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyJoe View Post
    Yeah, lots of stores will stock the CCI primers, but they usually cost around $30 per brick. That sale at cabelas was for only $18.99 per brick. That's probably close to 50% less than CCI primers.
    Around here its $40 or a bit more for a brick. Much cheaper online.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Sized, trimmed, and tumbled around 770 pieces of 223 brass last night. Today I went out and unloaded all of my test sets.

5.0gr HP-38 is perfect for both 165gr 40s&w and 230gr 45acp. So those are good to load up.
    At 20’, I shot 15 rounds of 40 into about a 2” circle, so I’m happy with that because I’m not that great of a shot. I also shot a 1.5” group of 8 with the 1911. The 45 shield didn’t do as well, but I’m still happy with the 4” group it shot.

My wife will be having a hip replaced next month, so I’ll probably have plenty of time to actually load up some decent amounts of ammo while she is recovering since I’ll be taking a couple weeks off work.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Hand primed almost 700 pieces of 40s&w and almost 500 pieces of 45acp. Now my hand is sore... maybe actually I’ll load some of it up in the next few days

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That new lee bench primer works great. Keeps my hands from getting sore.

Hand primed almost 700 pieces of 40s&w and almost 500 pieces of 45acp. Now my hand is sore... maybe actually I’ll load some of it up in the next few days

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I’m not a fan of the lee trays. I use an APS strip hand tool, but I have been looking at the APS bench tool.