Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Making an Excel sheet for my Lee Auto Disk powder measure. I got the riser kit so I can use 2 disks at once and get 5 times the weight charges. Been a very long time since I worked with Excel, coming up with the formulas was crazy. Anyways I am taking each slot on each disk, throwing ten charges with it, and averaging the weight of the ten throws to figure out what each hole throws for the powder I am using. I do this for all the 6 holes in the four disks. Then I input them on the data base. Then I take each hole dimension, add the average powder charges one at a time, (eg, .30 + .30, .30 + .32) Put that formula on the sheet. Once I enter all the 24 single charge accuracies, I don't actually have to do it with every disk and every combination to figure out what the charge will be. So with every powder I input the 24, I have what should be correct throws for 185 different combinations, everything from .3 cc to 3.4 cc. So far I have done it for Blue Dot, Titegroup and HP-38. I still have to do the 24 initial charges for Red Dot, Unique, 800X, and HP4895
    That's a great idea !!! Now to find the time to just do it, maybe this winter.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Making an Excel sheet for my Lee Auto Disk powder measure.
    Excel is great to use for tracking/recording reloading information. I use it a lot, though I don't think that any of my formulas are as complex as yours.
    Last edited by WarEagleEd; 05-22-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Feedback Score
    I sized/gas checked lubed 100 c309-170-f bullets today.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I chopped down yet another ~300 5.56 for 300aac. Deprimed all of my brass from the last range trip, going to run a load through the tumbler tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    today i am building the bench
    it is 10 feet long and plywood only comes in 8 foot lengths.
    so there is a "patch" on one end,
    no problem seeing there is another layer layed the other way. a d that is above the org top and frame work. all screwed to the wall.
    very stable. it will replace my temp table that has been in use for years ( off n on).

http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...in-7471666.php

oops ment to install photos of new bench.
    insted a deal where that hate law back east turned bad.
    sorry bout that.
    not sure why my photos refuse to show up?
    Last edited by packnrat; 05-22-2016 at 05:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    try again.

still a fail i do not know what i am doing wrong as i can not post any photos. can not even get them off the phone or computer hard drive.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    So far I have Blue Dot, BL-C(2), H4895, and Titegroup done on my spreadsheet. Still have Red Dot, 800X, H414, and Unique to go.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
    today i am building the bench
    it is 10 feet long and plywood only comes in 8 foot lengths.
    so there is a "patch" on one end,
    no problem seeing there is another layer layed the other way. a d that is above the org top and frame work. all screwed to the wall.
    very stable. it will replace my temp table that has been in use for years ( off n on).

http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...in-7471666.php

oops ment to install photos of new bench.
    insted a deal where that hate law back east turned bad.
    sorry bout that.
    not sure why my photos refuse to show up?
    I was way too lazy to actually build one. I went on Craigslist and found a premade Production Basics bench for sale. I thought I paid way too much for it ($160), then I went to their website and saw what they were charging for one. Whoooeee! Just the little file cabinent drawer option that this bench has was like $180. Not to mention the florescent light and second shelf options. New the stuff would have cost me $1130. And he threw in a vice for free.
    Inside.jpg

Bench II.jpg
    Last edited by gandog56; 05-22-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i do not even have that much money into my bench.
    but how do you get photos to show up?
    i can get them to work on this and a couple other web sites.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    You hit the little picture frame icon at the top of your post and it will put in a drop down box asking you on your computer or an internet URL. Choose the appropriate one, e.g. the picture is in your computer's hard drive, pick the from computer tag. Click on browse, and navigate it to where your picture is stored on your hard drive, click on the picture then click open. Click on the upload files, and the picure should upload to your post. The second method is to use something like photobucket and get a URL for it so that it is online. Then you click on the other tab from URL and input your url of the pictures.
    Last edited by gandog56; 05-23-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    photos of new reloading bench.

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

hooray got them here... but on there sides?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I went with a power strip in the back. I don't want cords hanging off the front of the bench. I am klutzy and that would be asking for trouble.

Feedback Score
    today i'll be grinding my teeth at my own stupidity.
    i case lubed a small tub of .308 win cases, picked one up and ran it through the universal decapper.

pop goes the pin. a berdan style case. why did i assume it was boxer primed?

'monkey

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WebMonkey View Post
    today i'll be grinding my teeth at my own stupidity.
    i case lubed a small tub of .308 win cases, picked one up and ran it through the universal decapper.

pop goes the pin. a berdan style case. why did i assume it was boxer primed?

'monkey
    do not feel so bad. i am a brass hound and i pick up almost everything.
    found a whole bunch of 308, most were boxer, but sad some were berdan.
    so now i look before placing them in my pickup bag.
    then there are the spiders living in some cases.

Feedback Score
    20160524_172653.jpg

salvaged my day after all.
    trying to work up a 100 yard or less deer load for the .308

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finished up two more powders on my spreadsheet. Found that my 800X positively sucks trying to use the Lee Autodisk. Never could get consistent weights so I left it off my sheets. Only have one more pistol powder to go. Guess to use up the rest of the 800X I will have to hand weigh each charge. Not so bad when I have an auto dispensing scale, sucks, but there it is.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Finished my last powder up on my spreadsheet. Now have double disk readings fo H4895, H414, BL-C(2), Blue Dot, Red Dot, Titegroup, HP-38, and Unique. Got in a new 8 Pound Jug of Red Dot. so my .45's and .38 special cases won't be wanting, even if she who must not be named gets elected.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    So shoot me. Today I installed a brand new card reader on my computer. So the first thing I was doining, was seeing what was on some of the various memory cards I had laying around, which I couldn't do before as the old card reader I had quit on me a while ago. So what do I find on one of them, my old spreadsheetsthat I made copies of before my last computer's hard drive went and gave up the ghost on my old computer. I thought I lost them all as I did not remember making copies. Oh well, I added a couple powders from the old ones (Tite wad, HS6, and W231) to the new ones. I also used a scale with better resolution on the new one, so the old powders I redid were probably a bit more accurate this time. Now have multiple copies on different types of memory.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Formed some .300BLK from some LC 5.56 & Fiocchi .223 range brass. Practiced annealing with a few of them, too.

Ed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    lets see how these photos of my loading bench comes out.
    a brand new hornady ammo plant (waiting on a couple parts shipped separate) and my old tried and true rockchucker with a piggyback. still working on the bench.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0200.jpgIMG_0218.jpg