Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What You Doing On The Bench Today?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Go to the 300 Blackout forum and there is a list of head stamps to use and not use.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyguy View Post
    Go to the 300 Blackout forum and there is a list of head stamps to use and not use.
    This.

So far I have only come across geco, wolf, PPU, and sellier & bellot.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyguy View Post
    Is that forum HERE, or somewhere else because I couldn't find any such thing in General Chit Chat.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Is that forum HERE, or somewhere else because I couldn't find any such thing in General Chit Chat.
    http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=141&t=88599

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Wow I would say that's strange, a site dedicated to only one caliber, but I belong to another one for 10mm, myself.
    Last edited by gandog56; 12-04-2016 at 12:14 PM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Pretty sure there's one for 6.5 Grendel as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there one for the 308 Winchester?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On the bench today..... I completely unloaded the bench took a sawzall, cut it up, moved it out, and rebuilt the entire bench. I added 3 feet in length for a total of 22 feet. I shortened the height by 5 inches so it matches up to my casting table for an L shaped reloading/casting bench. Now for tomorrow, 223 and 22-250 and probably a lot of admiring the new setup.
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked GOD for yesterday?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Nothing... Haven't even had time to look at my bench for a week... Worked 84 hours over the last 7 days... I'm exhausted...

Hoping my new priming tool shows up today or USPS gon' have some 'splaining to do... RCBS handheld APS strip tool and strip loader. I'm getting tired of upside down and sideways primers from my Lee tool...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Nothing... Haven't even had time to look at my bench for a week... Worked 84 hours over the last 7 days... I'm exhausted...

Hoping my new priming tool shows up today or USPS gon' have some 'splaining to do... RCBS handheld APS strip tool and strip loader. I'm getting tired of upside down and sideways primers from my Lee tool...
    I've been using the new lee bench primer and it seems to work very good.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Was kind of going through what powder I have stocked. I kind of overstocked in case Hillary had been elected. But it should be interesting to see if reloading stuff prices start to come down a bit now that an active gun grabber will no longer be in control like Obozo was. I wonder how many others were stocking up in case the sea hag won?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Was kind of going through what powder I have stocked. I kind of overstocked in case Hillary had been elected. But it should be interesting to see if reloading stuff prices start to come down a bit now that an active gun grabber will no longer be in control like Obozo was. I wonder how many others were stocking up in case the sea hag won?
    I was stocking up for the past 2 or 3 years on a lot of stuff, but it's all stuff I use so I'm not going to get rid of anything. If I do it might be just a few things. When it comes to brass I might just start being more picky about head stamps and get rid of the ones I wont use. It would be nice to see the reloading supplies drop in cost because I can always use more primers. Imagine $10 or $15 bricks of primers.

We can all hope that Trump isn't going to push for more gun control, but Washington DC tends to corrupt everyone at some level and to some extent so I would rather expect the worst so I wont be surprised or unprepared. Expecting real change in politics or thinking liberty is gained by pulling levers in voting booths never seems to happen in the history books. We will all just have to wait and see what happens. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
    Last edited by SafetyJoe; 12-08-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyJoe View Post
    I've been using the new lee bench primer and it seems to work very good.
    Update on the APS strip tool and loader. I would have to say that once you get the hang of it, it works extremely well. A definite upgrade over the Lee auto prime XR I was using.

I mangled about 35 primers while priming just over 800 cases, the majority were due to a bad swage job (trying to figure out the CH4D set), maybe 10 were from either using retard strength or not having the case properly in the shellholder.

The strips pretty much eliminate upside down and sideways primers I was getting with my Lee tool. The strip loader works very well once you get the hang of it.

I don't care for bench mounted priming tools because I like to get out of the loading cave every now and then. If it's nice out (which it certainly isn't now) I'll sit out on the deck and prime a bunch, or I'll sit on the couch upstairs and do some.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Update on the APS strip tool and loader. I would have to say that once you get the hang of it, it works extremely well. A definite upgrade over the Lee auto prime XR I was using.

I mangled about 35 primers while priming just over 800 cases, the majority were due to a bad swage job (trying to figure out the CH4D set), maybe 10 were from either using retard strength or not having the case properly in the shellholder.

The strips pretty much eliminate upside down and sideways primers I was getting with my Lee tool. The strip loader works very well once you get the hang of it.

I don't care for bench mounted priming tools because I like to get out of the loading cave every now and then. If it's nice out (which it certainly isn't now) I'll sit out on the deck and prime a bunch, or I'll sit on the couch upstairs and do some.
    Yeah, I'm the same way. That's why I mounted the lee bench primer to a piece of wood instead of a bench. That way I can take it anywhere I want. I always liked the idea of using those primer strips because they are safer than most other methods. Forster makes a priming tool that uses sideways primers too, but it looks like it's a slower process than using the strips. Maybe I'll have to try out the strips too.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I don't know about that. In Mobile it is either too cold, or more likely, too hot and sticky. Throw in large amounts of big thunderstorms and I pretty much prefer my nice little space heatered and air conditioned shed.I only go outside to actually go shoot them and when I come home to clean the guns as I don't want my shed to smell like all the solvents I have.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Here in Ohio there are about 2 good months where it's dry, sunny and not too hot or cold... I try to enjoy those as much as possible.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Got bored yesterday, whipped out another 100 .300 AAC.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Ordered some bullets from Shooter's Pro Shop online. They not only have good prices on bullet overruns and factory seconds, they give me a 10% military discount because I was in the Navy years ago.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Shooter's Pro Shop is a good place to order from.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I like the factory overrun prices AND the military discount, that's for sure.