Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Members

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Forum Members

I have been a member here for some time now (not as long a Duke) and it appears to me that the forum has changed. When I first got into the trading business it seemed that everyone wanted pistol cases and where eager to trade. Now it seem like the requests are for specific case more so in the rifle variety. Maybe I'm seeing this through smoked glasses....or the bottom of a mug. Don't know. What is your thoughts?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Ineptocracy (in-ept-oc-ra-cy).....
    A system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Things will change by demand. Remember just a short while ago things of all kinds seemed scarce and/or hard to get no matter what it was. The folks that had.....will say 1K of something now wanted to make sure they had at least 4-5K of something. The way I see it the personal stores are where those folks want them to be and feel mildly comfortable with it.

So now folks are wanting/looking for specific things now, that......are just not as common as they once were. Take into account the price of just an empty case. Some of them haven't been made in what seems years, and when some do finally show up the price is hovering around $1ea.

I just view it as simple logic, and notice I didn't say common sense......it isn't so common anymore.

Let me just say that the cases I convert........are for things that cost around $1ea and if you can find them view yourself lucky.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I don't know. I've been trying to trade away 9mm, .40 cal, and 357 SIG away for a long time. No takers, but they sure want my rifle stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pistol brass is easier to find now but as we have all seen that can change at some politicians whim.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Remember the latest .223 scare?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Remember the latest .223 scare?
    Oh boy do I......Right when 300 Blackout brass was at it's pinnacle, and I was doing at least 20K a month it was next to impossible to find that stuff.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Personally, I have built up a bit of a brass stash and that has certainly changed my trading habits. In general, my personal demand for brass has dwindled and when I do look to trade I'm looking for specific head stamps. This may change if I can find the time to load the majority of my stash. When my supply gets low my demand goes up.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I sort all my brass by headstamps. Does this make me excessively anal?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It seems to me that spent brass is becoming plentiful again. Especially 9mm- 40 cal- 38 spl - 45 acp. When I go to the range I have to clean it off the bench and from under my feet. Even at times I find 30-30, 308 -30-06, 243 and a bunch of 223. The brass I never find is the military calibers, like 303, 8mm mauser, 7.62x39, 7.5x55 swiss, 7.62x54 and others. Anyone that shoot these pick them up whether they reload or not." They might start someday. " With so much common brass available you can pick the manufacturer you prefer. An example, the only 223 brass I keep for myself is LC and Hornady. On another forum I even tried to sell some 308 . 100 pcs of r.p- OR 100 pcs of FC for 10 dollars. No one wanted them. I think most people learned something from the last shortage. I know I did. I have accumulated more brass than this old man will ever need. But I can`t stop picking it up. I`v tried .Ever so often I haul some to be recycled. I`m going Monday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    I sort all my brass by headstamps. Does this make me excessively anal?
    Depends on whom you ask. Wife harps on me all the time when folks get brass from me and want all the same heads stamp, even the same year on some of them....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    Depends on whom you ask. Wife harps on me all the time when folks get brass from me and want all the same heads stamp, even the same year on some of them....
    That is a service you could charge extra for.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    FYI, if you have excess brass that you can't trade away because there is no demand for it, you might find someone that needs what you've got over in the Helping Hands section of the Cast Boolits forums.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I usually sort them by headstamp, but if they want same date they will pay me with a high trade ratio!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some of you are getting a distorted understanding on that phrase. All I do is convert brass and some of them want everything the same, what I call the perfectionist syndrome. Like on the 221 Fireball, 300BO, 8mm Mauser. I go through a lot of brass in a given month, and having to sort a bunch of cases by year can be a challenge.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some of you are getting a distorted understanding on that phrase. All I do is convert brass and some of them want everything the same, what I call the perfectionist syndrome. Like on the 221 Fireball, 300BO, 8mm Mauser. I go through a lot of brass in a given month, and having to sort a bunch of cases by year can be a challenge.
    I understand what you are saying and low volume would be easier but not easy.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is a BRASS trading site, and any brass is fair game for trading.

However, I am seeing a disturbing trend, and I am intent on fixing it quickly.

This site, as many of you know, started off as a much needed replacement for a similar site that went down when some guy got divorced. The names don't matter. The fact is that a TRADING site was requested, and we have worked hard to provide a good quality site for that purpose.

Recently, some of the members here have all but abandoned the TRADES, and are putting up long lists of brass that they are scrounging, for OUTRIGHT SALE. I suppose they expect to make a living off the sales of that brass.

This is NOT a selling site. It is a trading site......... I am beginning to "warn" those who are obviously breaking the rules. I will start to delete threads that don't comply with the warnings. And, if certain members persist in outright sales, they will face banning. I really don't want to do that, so I would ask that everyone comply. TRADES ONLY!!!

Now, there are times, as was discussed early on in the development of the rules, when a little cash is needed to fix an otherwise off sided trade. That would be OK.

But, the days of:

100 9mm - $10
    125 .40S&W - $12

ARE OVER!!!!

Questions?

Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    If you want to sell it, go to Facebook. They have all kinds of reloading pages.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gangdog for president.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassboy View Post
    Gangdog for president.
    Make the last 500 yards to the Mexican Border a free fire zone?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't even try to sell brass anymore and don't think I have here or on the old site. Shoot, I was even giving brass away to some of the Brothers that needed it and couldn't find it. And I've got more brass and ammo now than I'll (and probably my Sons)ever use.