Thread: Gotta brag a bit.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Gotta brag a bit.

I just scored an 8lb jug of IMR4064 at my local shop for cheaper than I could've gotten it online for... That's the first time I've bought anything larger than a 1 pounder too. He had a couple 8 pounders of IMR4895 too, but 4064 won out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome !!! What State do you live in?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Ohio, west central-ish.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To far for me to go then. That's good to hear, could mean powder is coming back.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I would have grabbed the 4895, myself. It's good for anything from my .223 to 8X56R I shoot.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I only load ball powders in 223 due to metering issues. But 4064 has good load data for 308 and 30-06 for service rifles... Plus my bullets should be arriving today, looks like I'll have some loading to do for a while

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    I only load ball powders in 223 due to metering issues. But 4064 has good load data for 308 and 30-06 for service rifles... Plus my bullets should be arriving today, looks like I'll have some loading to do for a while
    Well that puts a rather large limit on what you can use since most powders are flaked or extruded. I use a PACT dispenser/scale unit to measure each and every charge, and it's not fussy about what kind of powder I put in it.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yeah, the lee auto-disk is a bit picky about powders... I get by alright though.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah, back before the Pact, I did use the Lee auto disk. But I was loading a lot more pistol then and very little rifle. Now my rifles outnumber my pistols, so I wanted something that measured extruded powders a bit better.I've heard that other manufactures auto powder throwers may work better with more powders than a Lee, but I went straight to the Pact.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    All of my rifle ammo, except 223, gets loaded on a single stage press and a lee perfect powder measure... While it's not exactly perfect, it does get me within a couple tenths of a grain usually. Then I'll usually trickle from there.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good score on the powder. One of the stores I buy reloading supplies from has had plenty of powder the last few times I have been there. I hope it stays that way.

gandog, I bought a used PACT scale recently (from someone over on castboolits.com). I haven't used it to measure powder yet, just used the check weights and measured some .177 cal pellets. Seemed to be accurate. I hope to get the dispenser at some point in the future.
    Last edited by WarEagleEd; 07-10-2014 at 03:56 PM.