Thread: Reloading Danish M39 9mm Training ammo?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score

Reloading Danish M39 9mm Training ammo?

Talking about the Danish M39 training ammo with the plastic bullet/5mm BB. The one used on the Swedish K with the special tapered barrels. I read a thread some time ago where someone was pulling the plastic bullet, dumping the powder and reloading as primed brass (Berdan). Well, I pulled about 900 rds of this stuff using the RCBS collet puller, which worked great. Interesting, the plastic bullet with the 5mm BB in the tip, is hollow. Dumped the bullets and powder. Looks like decent, berdan primed brass. I've done a bunch of Google searches but cant find any reference to it. Any experience, or words of wisdom?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Just glancing at this I was thinking an M39 is a Finn rifle, then I caught the 9mm. All I could find was this.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=145261

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    Thats the general consensus. Dont shoot this stuff unless you have the proper barrel. Thats why, when I saw the thread about disassembling and reloading, I was interested. I have (4) cases of it, originally purchased for the stripper clips. From what I can tell, the Berdan primed case is well suited for reloading, once! With nearly (4000) pieces of primed brass, its worth the effort. One question I have is; how will the Berdan primer affect pressure and velocity.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acgeorge View Post
    Thats the general consensus. Dont shoot this stuff unless you have the proper barrel. Thats why, when I saw the thread about disassembling and reloading, I was interested. I have (4) cases of it, originally purchased for the stripper clips. From what I can tell, the Berdan primed case is well suited for reloading, once! With nearly (4000) pieces of primed brass, its worth the effort. One question I have is; how will the Berdan primer affect pressure and velocity.
    I wouldn't worry too much unless you were loading near a max recipe.