Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's addicting I'm telling you

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

It's addicting I'm telling you

I have Mosinitis really bad. Just won an auction for Mosin Nagant # 14!

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12426604/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I feal your pain. I have picked up three in the last year. I have ony fired the first one, but have to look them over when I see one for sale.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I can't buy anything else until I pay down the credit cards

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Why you got to spoil all the fun by doing the right thing? Now, who cares about a credit card bill? Not me, visa let me buy more ammo and I am going shooting!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Yeah, I have to put this latest one on the ol' credit card because my frigging car just cost me almost $900.

But it just looked so beautiful in the auction pics, and he would take credit cards.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So, what did you end up with this time?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jebsca View Post
    So, what did you end up with this time?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Guess it helps if I follow the link you had in the OP. Looks nice. The sight ramp looks like my 1900 M1891 Finnish Capture. Don't see many like that. It will be fun to clean her up and check out all of the markings.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice find! It's a hex receiver, too. Have you checked the date under the tang, yet? Also, that's a SAKO stamp on the receiver, right?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Just got the invoice and paid it yesterday, so no, I haven't even seen it except for the auction pics yet. But if it is the second contract SIG think it is, the barrel was made in 1924-1925. The receiver would probably been right around there.
    Last edited by gandog56; 10-01-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    So, have you got your new girl and checked her out?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaker78 View Post
    Yeah I stopped that noise. Got them paid off, and now only buy the gun if I have the cash on hand.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    So, have you got your new girl and checked her out?
    I got it, but haven't been to the range yet.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    I got it, but haven't been to the range yet.
    we have got to work on getting you to the range! That remindes me, how is your health doing now?

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a couple of Mosins but nothing in that price range.....Of course, mine weren't made there either.

I got mine from Classic back when you could get them for around $60.00 each, M44's were $80.00, and M38's were just under $100.00. They've gone up "slightly" since then. One of mine was supposed to be a Dragoon (it is stamped correctly) but when they re-arsenaled it, it got the newer stock put on it. That sorta ticked me off, since the ad said "Dragoon" but I kept it. FWIW, this was back when an 800 round case of MilSurp silvertip 7.62x54r (Sellier & Bellot) was $56.00 a case + shipping from J&G Sales.......yes, my Wife thought I was nuts but I did indeed pick up "a case or 2".

Anyway, GD.....that is one SWEET Mosin! Really makes me want one, although I know there would be a killing at my house. Not sure if it would be me or my Wife (probably whoever reached their gun 1st, LOL!).
    Last edited by rodnocker1; 10-29-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    we have got to work on getting you to the range! That remindes me, how is your health doing now?
    Better and better. Walk unassisted now. Just gotta get up the gumption and get to the range.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnocker1 View Post
    I have a couple of Mosins but nothing in that price range.....Of course, mine weren't made there either.

I got mine from Classic back when you could get them for around $60.00 each, M44's were $80.00, and M38's were just under $100.00. They've gone up "slightly" since then. One of mine was supposed to be a Dragoon (it is stamped correctly) but when they re-arsenaled it, it got the newer stock put on it. That sorta ticked me off, since the ad said "Dragoon" but I kept it. FWIW, this was back when an 800 round case of MilSurp silvertip 7.62x54r (Sellier & Bellot) was $56.00 a case + shipping from J&G Sales.......yes, my Wife thought I was nuts but I did indeed pick up "a case or 2".

Anyway, GD.....that is one SWEET Mosin! Really makes me want one, although I know there would be a killing at my house. Not sure if it would be me or my Wife (probably whoever reached their gun 1st, LOL!).
    I got BOTH a laminated M44 and a laminated M38 for the then unheard of price for $90 each. A 91/30 was regularly to be had at $60, and could be had on sale for $50 at times. Obummer fixed that!

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes Sir, I had started to get an m38 when I got the 44 but said "heck with it, i don't need one of those".....I'm kicking myself now. Just like when Saiga's were $299.99, I had looked at them (especially the 12 gauge) and considered getting 1or 2 but decided I didn't need one of those "cheap" shotguns. About a year later (when the price had more than doubled), I wished I had gone ahead and bought 5 of them.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    Better and better. Walk unassisted now. Just gotta get up the gumption and get to the range.
    That's good. Hope yopu keep getting better.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodnocker1 View Post
    Yes Sir, I had started to get an m38 when I got the 44 but said "heck with it, i don't need one of those".....I'm kicking myself now. Just like when Saiga's were $299.99, I had looked at them (especially the 12 gauge) and considered getting 1or 2 but decided I didn't need one of those "cheap" shotguns. About a year later (when the price had more than doubled), I wished I had gone ahead and bought 5 of them.
    Way back when I got a Saiga .223 NIB for like $250.