A friend called last night, and was wanting to go out to his folks house to do some shooting today and wanted to know if another friend and I wanted to go. Well yes we did!

We started the day out with shot guns. We were doing ok, but could be better. I think the dove will be ok on opening day tomorrow, but we did hit some rock. After he had shot a few, the buddy that had invited us grabbed the riding lawn mower to go trim the grass, so we could find our brass when shooting pistols and rifles. He finished with that about the time we were done with the shotguns.

He put the mower up and we went down to start shooting. We got out of my jeep, and started getting stuff out ready to play. My buddy had time to shoot 1 magazine, and then we looked for his brass. As he was reloading his magazine, and I was grabbing the gun I was going to use first, he said something about smoke or fire. Turns out the lawn mower caught fire and was starting to burn in the shed that it was kept in.

Nobody got hurt, but it sucked a lot to see. Made for the worst trip I have ever had to the range. I know that people have trips to the range that are far worse than that, and I am glad that this is as bad as it has been for me, but it just sucked. Hope y"all had a better trip to the range this weekend.