Thread: Thinking About It!

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

Thinking About It!

I have a custom built Fusion Firearms Long Slide hunter with a 6" barrel. It was built to fir 10mm cartridges. Now I found out that Fusion will fit in a new slide, barrel, and recoil spring, and I camn also fire .40 cal S&W from the same gun. Kit would come with said slide, spring, barrel, and 1 magazine. It would cost me $355. But that is cheaper than most new .40 cal pistols out there. Now the thing is I already do own a SIG P229 with both a .40 cal and 357 SIG barrel. Hmm, I wonder if Fusion could also fit in a 357 SIG barrel? That way I might be able to have one pistol that fires all three cartridges. I could sell the SIG. Should I, or shouldn't I.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Tough call. I picked up a gsg 1911 in 22 a few years ago for about the same price as a 22 kit for my 1911 thinking I would like to have two guns vice one I could set up to shoot two different calibers. I have also kicked around the idea of getting different ar uppers to shoot different calibers, but I don't think the price of any of the uppers would be close to the price of a new rifle. I don't know how I would go, but knowing me, I bet it would be the cheap route.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My first adventure into switch caliber happened a year ago when a good friend gave me a 1911 that he was unable to use due to weak hands. As an afterthought, he gave me a .400 Cor-Bon barrell, dies, and 200 rds of loaded bullets. It seems to me that the recoil is less than my P-38 in 9mm. I don't know his loading, but he never loaded whimpy anything. It throws a fireball that would make any Bruce Willis fan proud. I am afraid to carry it. If I had to use it, some sleezy lawyer would accuse me of punk hunting.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I tried 400 Cor-Bon in a Springfield Armory 1911A1 GI. Never did feed reliably. Kept giving it back to my gunsmith and tell him I had constant failures to feed. He kept giving it back saying it worked fine for him. Finally gave it up, and sold the barrel, dies, and cases to somebody else. I explained my problems I had, but he never emailed me back saying he had problems, must have worked for him.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you decide that you "should," I would be interested in your .357 Sig barrel.

Ed

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    I would prefer to sell them as a set.You can get a SIG P-229 barrel from ebay...of all places.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sig-p229-barrel

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    I would prefer to sell them as a set.You can get a SIG P-229 barrel from ebay...of all places.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sig-p229-barrel
    What kinda price are you looking for on the set?

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    have to see how well the Fusion shoots before I make any decisions. It would have to at least equal this target with the SIG and the 40 cal barrel.

40SW.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gandog56 View Post
    I have a custom built Fusion Firearms Long Slide hunter with a 6" barrel. It was built to fir 10mm cartridges. Now I found out that Fusion will fit in a new slide, barrel, and recoil spring, and I camn also fire .40 cal S&W from the same gun. Kit would come with said slide, spring, barrel, and 1 magazine. It would cost me $355. But that is cheaper than most new .40 cal pistols out there. Now the thing is I already do own a SIG P229 with both a .40 cal and 357 SIG barrel. Hmm, I wonder if Fusion could also fit in a 357 SIG barrel? That way I might be able to have one pistol that fires all three cartridges. I could sell the SIG. Should I, or shouldn't I.
    That's exactly what I did with my Beretta 92FS. I picked up the slide, barrel, spring and guide rod for a 40 S&W. Cheapest conversion I could picture and have something to use with all that 40 cal that'll be laying around after TSHTF...................................hehehe

Bill