Thread: Head Stamping - comprehensive list

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

Smile Head Stamping - comprehensive list

I would like to see a comprehensive list of manufactures the produce or have produced cases to help us on the forum able to ID our trading wares. Can someone post this list on this site? Sounds like a good job for Duke.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's actually a pretty long list. If Gunload Master and Duke don't mind, I'll post this link:

http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=headstampcodes

As you can see, it takes up alot of space. Rather than actually posting the list, we might possibly make a sticky with the link (if it wouldn't be a problem with CC.org) to save space.
    Last edited by rodnocker1; 02-10-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Feedback Score
    This is now a sticky.. We dont mind
    Welcome to ABT. Any questions feel free to ask.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you!

Scott

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Having a hard determining if Graf and Sons ever sold brass with a GRAF headstamp. Or is Graf headstamped stuff made by somebody else. Somebody here wants Graf headstamped 7.62X54R brass. I'm thinking if Graf and Sons used to do it, they no longer do.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Companies like STARLINE will custom manufacture brass with any headstamp you want, as long as the volume is high enough to warrant the custom punch tools.

I'd suggest that YES, it's entirely likely that Starline or some other brass case manufacturer made the cases for Graf at some point in the past. Trying to find out who that was might be difficult. You could try calling Graf and also Starline, and ask them if there was a marriage at some point in the past.

Suffice it to say that finding much more of that old stuff in the market place will become all the more impossible as time rolls along.

I've noticed that you have been fixated on that head stamp, presumably based on a load development that you have done. Might be time to find a new, more available, headstamp (Starline?), and re-develop based on that.

Starline brass is very good brass. I have a few of my own fussy pistol calibers that I only run Starline brass on. You can buy direct from them:
    http://www.starlinebrass.com/
    Administrator - Ammo Brass Trader

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    Author of a book on reloading