Thread: Primers

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Primers

It seems like many sellers of primers are offering special deals these days. PV is offering free shipping on Servicios Aventuras Small Pistol Primers. Natchez is offering free Haxmat on orders over $100. etc. I expect to see prices falling in the near future... Not that I need any. But when you are retired you have to have something to do... I've made some great purchases at estate sales in the past year, lead, brass still in retail bags, etc...

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, hoping this is a sign that availity is getting better and that prices are coming down.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    I keep hoping that the prices fall, primers are still not available all the time, or even some of the time, at the LGS and when they are they are $100+ per 1,000.

Brass Trader
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well 8 months later and it is not uncommon to find SPP and SRP primers for $50 per 1000 and with free hazmat. My hope is that large rifle primers follow the same pattern. Currently they are $100+ per 1000. I'm looking forward to Spring at the out door range and shooting 100-200 per visit. So in 8 months, I'll really be in need of some LRP, it's the only primer I'm short on... A decade or more ago, I went to the range and shot my pellet rifle to reduce the number of rounds I shot... I also shot 22lr. But I have a new powder to try and I'm not getting any younger. So if I get caught in a pinch, I'll shoot 5.56 and other SRP this time.