PDA

View Full Version : Deciding on a Trade

lightman
09-08-2018, 11:48 AM
I'm just curious, how do you guys decide on a trade ratio? Case for case? Equal value? Equal weight in brass? Just curious, like I said. I have never been one that has to win at a trade. I strive to trade where both sides are happy. I feel that I'm trading either brass that is surplus to my needs or brass that I never expect to load for in exchange for brass that I can use. So, I consider that to be my win.

Theres no real reason for this post except for idle curiosity. I've been happy with the few trades that I have made here and hope that my trade partners have too.

Mbaker78
09-08-2018, 12:55 PM
I’ve always gone by the rule that if both parties are happy, it’s a good trade, doesn’t matter if it’s 1:1 or 500:1

But I’ll generally go by estimated value.

Hostile79
09-09-2018, 06:28 PM
I typically go by rarity of the case that I have or I'm looking for...9mm and 40 S&W don't have much value to me but I think 45 Auto and 380 Auto are equal calibers in terms of rarity. When you trade pistol to rifle the ratios get harder. It's hard to figure out a value on some of this stuff.

WarEagleEd
09-09-2018, 09:49 PM
I usually use a 1:1 for rifle-to-rifle and pistol-to-pistol trades. For pistol-to-rifle I usually use a 2:1. I adjust these if I am trading common brass for rare brass or range brass for once-fired (which I have no way of proving it is once fired, but I would only adjust the ratio if I felt that the person I was trading with was trustworthy).

lightman
09-10-2018, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the replys everyone.