PDA

View Full Version : Rant Time!

gandog56
07-16-2017, 07:00 AM
Photobucket and their new policy. I had about 120 photos stored in a photobucket account. Suddenly, with absolutely no warning, Photobucket decides they want to charge their users $400 to host their pictures to a third party. I have photobucket pics posted all over the Internet, now all they see is this:
274 So then I tried to download MY OWN pictures back to my computer, and I get the same third party thing. So basically, photobucket kidnapped my pictures and are holding them for ransom. Blackmail and kidnapping.

WarEagleEd
07-20-2017, 06:29 AM
You can't download your own pictures to your computer? That's odd. Did they recently change their users policy/agreement? Maybe some people were using it as photo storage and not "hosting" and this is their way to stop that practice, though you should have been given notice and allowed a period of time in which to retrieve your photos from the site.

LEP
07-21-2017, 07:28 AM
You can download your photobucket album. It comes as a zip file. I have the same problem.

rodnocker1
07-22-2017, 06:15 AM
I'd wondered why I'd started seeing those in people's posts. I guess they want the $400.00 in Bitcoin?....Oh wait, that was those other guys.....

gandog56
07-23-2017, 06:16 AM
You can download your photobucket album. It comes as a zip file. I have the same problem.

How? And I don't have Winzip or anything

Mbaker78
07-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Windows has a built in .zip extractor. Just right click on the file and it should have an extract option.

gandog56
07-24-2017, 08:12 AM
My problem is I right click on a picture in my library, I don't get any extract option. I go to my library and double click on a picture to make it big, I get the third party notice on like 3/4 of my pictures.

gandog56
07-24-2017, 08:21 AM
Just sent Photobucket a message that I want MY pictures that I took with MY camera back, so I can delete my account with them. I found a new hosting place that works well and is FREE!

lightman
07-27-2017, 09:18 AM
They deleted any pictures that I ever posted on the internet. I join another site but they have a different way of posting pictures that I have not figgered out yet. Technology sucks sometimes!

gandog56
07-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Well, after three emails to Photobucket, they finally put in a temp code that let me upload them back into my computer. They can go whistle for any more business from me. I copied all my pics to ImgBB. I'm leaving my old ones still in Photobucket just to suck up their bandwidth, and take up some of their storage space.