PDA

View Full Version : my trades/questions

tsbonham
01-03-2016, 06:07 PM
My brother in law keeps bringing me the brass and some ammo that he picks up at auctions and sales. I am unsure what to do with it because it's a miss mash of several calibers most recent was an ammo can full of 300 H&H Mag 45 long 7mm and so on any ideas as to what I should do would be appreciated. And do I have to unload all of the cartridges before I can do anything with them?

bdm
01-03-2016, 06:18 PM
yes you need to take them apart since you don't know where they came from. that is nice your brother keep you well supplied bdm

tsbonham
01-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Supplied with calibers I don't use or intend to use though leaving me with several things taking up room

tsbonham
01-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention in the original thread I am looking for ways to get rid of a lot of what he brings me it is not of much use to me (not going to just give it away) but there is not large numbers of most of it

gandog56
01-04-2016, 07:50 AM
You almost have to separate it all by caliber to get rid of it. Not many people want to buy a "bunch of ammo and brass different calibers".

tsbonham
01-04-2016, 12:42 PM
I understand I will need to separate but do I also need to dismal the cartridges that are already loaded?

rbuck351
01-04-2016, 04:57 PM
How many 300H&H do you have and what do you want in trade? You will need to dismantle in order to ship through USPS.
List what you want to get rid of and what you are looking for. Many of us shoot enough different calibers that someone will want enough of what you are offering to make a trade.

DukeInFlorida
01-05-2016, 11:01 AM
The issue with assembled cartridges is that they represent a HAZMAT material.
You cannot ship them via US Post Office
You would have to ship them via FedEx or UPS, and would have to have special markings on the box. Shipping live ammo is always costly.

Removing the bullets and powder isn't enough to make the ammo safe for shipping. Live primers also fall under the same category. So, for all intents and purposes, if you plan on selling them or trading them here or elsewhere, it's probably best to pull em, including the primers.

Mbaker78
01-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Though if you manage to pull the bullets without damaging them, you can trade them on here too...

rbuck351
01-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Yep, shipping powder or primers can't be done through USPS and is way to expensive to ship Fed Ex or UPS except in large quantities. And even then it isn't cheap. Depending on the brass you have and the quantity it may or may not be cost effective to break it down and ship. You can save the bullets using a kenetic puller and the primers can be push out SLOWLY with a lee universal deprimer without setting them off. But the hassle plus the shipping may be more trouble than they are worth.

SafetyJoe
01-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Can't hurt to try and trade or sell them locally on Armslist so you can avoid having to ship them anywhere or pull them apart at all.

Mbaker78
01-07-2016, 02:49 PM
I might be interested in some 30cal bullets, depending on what they are.

Rloader
05-07-2016, 09:31 AM
I am interested in the .300 H&H you have. Where are you located? I am in ohio. Perhaps we can meet up and save you the hassle of pulling bullets and primers. Do you still have them and how many pieces do you have? Are you looking for any specific brass? I have new .357 brass

Mbaker78
05-07-2016, 07:08 PM
What part of Ohio are you in? I'm just north of Dayton.